Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-17-2013, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

need help with my fiskars pole pruner

the rope on the bottom is stuck in the black cylinder at the bottom...how do i fix?
Old 08-17-2013, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like the rope is frayed inside and or a piece broke off. Can you just rerope it?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Sounds like the rope is frayed inside and or a piece broke off. Can you just rerope it?
Patriot ill post a pic later that will prob help better...
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Old 08-18-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's a tough one buddy without having it in front of me. Usually its frayed rope jammed inside. Is it possible to get it apart? I thought you preferred Silky gear? I have a few Fiskars pieces but I consider them disposable. Loppers and such we use for rough clearing.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
That's a tough one buddy without having it in front of me. Usually its frayed rope jammed inside. Is it possible to get it apart? I thought you preferred Silky gear? I have a few Fiskars pieces but I consider them disposable. Loppers and such we use for rough clearing.
I don't think i can get it apart. Im going to contact them tomm as it does have a lifetime warranty...

Yes silky all the way but this pruning stick is the real deal...awesome tool that goes to 12' and you don't have the annoying rope that other lopper attachments have. Its not listed as commercial, but it should be it is that good...
Old 08-18-2013, 06:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Oh hell if its got lifetime warranty, you take it back and get a new one. That reminds me I got a bunch of craftsmen tools I need to exchange. Another item for the growing to do list.
Old 08-18-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the 5 and the 12 footer and they are awesome. get online to get the phone number and they will send you parts and instructions. you'll have to re-rope yourself. Everytime I had warrenty issues they have been really good. The only reason that I've had warrenty issues is that I try cutting stuff that doesn't really fit in the jaws, but I manage to get it jammed in anyway

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 08-18-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegandude View Post
I have both the 5 and the 12 footer and they are awesome. get online to get the phone number and they will send you parts and instructions. you'll have to re-rope yourself. Everytime I had warrenty issues they have been really good. The only reason that I've had warrenty issues is that I try cutting stuff that doesn't really fit in the jaws, but I manage to get it jammed in anyway
If Chris got it at a big box its just way simpler to exchange it. The minute you take a tool to it the warranty is void. A buddy is trying out the 18 and 24v electric pruners. He doesn't do a lot and likes the lightweight. His trailer is wired with a 115v inverter. Honestly it took a while to pay for my Echo gas models. I sub out the tall tree work to keep my worker comp down and eliminate the need to carry the long trailers.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
If Chris got it at a big box its just way simpler to exchange it. The minute you take a tool to it the warranty is void. A buddy is trying out the 18 and 24v electric pruners. He doesn't do a lot and likes the lightweight. His trailer is wired with a 115v inverter. Honestly it took a while to pay for my Echo gas models. I sub out the tall tree work to keep my worker comp down and eliminate the need to carry the long trailers.
Annoying part is i bought through amazon...i would have to send back to fiskars.
I can tell you i have a redmax pruner attachment i have NEVER used. My 21 ft silky is my workhorse and if Im not using that its this fiskars pruning stick. The tallest palm i will climb is 18-20. Any taller and the tree company is doing it. Not gonna risk it for 25-30$.