Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Sponsor

The Top 10 Commercial Mowers of All time

We have talked to many landscapers and there is a lot of opinions out there. So we wanted to establish a list. Finally someone put down on paper (internet posting at least) the TOP 10 COMMERCIAL MOWERS OF ALL TIME. We are not just talking about maybe what is popular in one area. We mean of ALL time. From the early days of commercial landscaping to today. Check out out list at our blog Top 10 Commercial Mowers of ALL Time. We welcome all any and all feed back.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 603turfdepot View Post
We have talked to many landscapers and there is a lot of opinions out there. So we wanted to establish a list. Finally someone put down on paper (internet posting at least) the TOP 10 COMMERCIAL MOWERS OF ALL TIME. We are not just talking about maybe what is popular in one area. We mean of ALL time. From the early days of commercial landscaping to today. Check out out list at our blog Top 10 Commercial Mowers of ALL Time. We welcome all any and all feed back.
As much as I like Exmark I find this list hard to believe.... Although I started out with a 48" 18HP kohler version just like it... Can't believe no Turf Tiger...
Old 08-30-2013, 03:46 PM
Sponsor

Top Mowers

The Turf Tiger is an Excellent machine. It just missed the cut. We were really trying to get some game changers in the industry.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Not bashing and I love your dealership but all these mowers are brands Turf Depot sells in Salem and Manchester.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Turf Depot... No way, I just looked them up online and realized I ordered my Accelerator Grass catcher & jumbo extender from them last season...
Old 08-30-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Turf Depot... No way, I just looked them up online and realized I ordered my Accelerator Grass catcher & jumbo extender from them last season...
Great company to work with!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Great company to work with!
They really are... They had the catcher & extender cheaper than everyone else & that was with shipping.. It was Accelerators newest model not left over units either...
Old 08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Sponsor

Mowers

Quote:
Not bashing and I love your dealership but all these mowers are brands Turf Depot sells in Salem and Manchester.
You are right we do sell these mowers. We sell pretty much every commercial brand there is so we really were able to get some proven feedback from landscapers about this. About the only brand we don't sell is Dixon, Dixie Chopper and John Deere. But we do service these machines because we can get parts for them. We were trying to get some game changers in the industry. If you guys have any mowers you thing we should have included let us know!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 603turfdepot View Post
You are right we do sell these mowers. We sell pretty much every commercial brand there is so we really were able to get some proven feedback from landscapers about this. About the only brand we don't sell is Dixon, Dixie Chopper and John Deere. But we do service these machines because we can get parts for them. We were trying to get some game changers in the industry. If you guys have any mowers you thing we should have included let us know!
Some more game changers would be the Gravely 400 series with air seat and isolated platforms. Gravely Pro-Stance with foot and hand deck lift, isolated foot platform and the ability to actually use it as a walk behind. Ferris 3100 with 4 wheel independent suspension.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:49 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Some more game changers would be the Gravely 400 series with air seat and isolated platforms. Gravely Pro-Stance with foot and hand deck lift, isolated foot platform and the ability to actually use it as a walk behind. Ferris 3100 with 4 wheel independent suspension.
Good thought!

Tags
exmark , mowers , scag , top mowers , toro