Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
LawnSite Member

My review of the 30" exmark

We bought a 30" exmark two weeks ago and I will be buying two more in the near future.

It saves us so much time, cuts way better, and despite other reviews turns around just fine.

My only complaint is the handle is extremely low and does not have an adjustment mechanism so we had to drill two holes. I am an average height of 6'.

I would highly recommend that you replace your 21" mowers with one of the 30" mowers out there.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Member

30 inch mower

have been thinking about buying one but from my local toro shop here in florida does the exmark 30 inch have more than one speed ..i thought i read somewere they are only one speed fast ...

lm3...
Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Keep the reviews coming.

We only push mow 2 12k lawns and have about 6-10 that have small sections or islands we push. 30" might be too big but it really intrigues me. Culd be used on some much smaller lawns.

I have often thought about offering a push mow service for those picky customers who " do t want the big machines" on their lawn.

I had a 42" turf tracer years ago but I just never used it much and got rid of it.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with low bar. I set mine to highest position and its ok. But drilling holes would be a much better feel.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I wish that it had the same handlebar set-up as the 26inch as that worked really well for me, don't know how well it works for tall people though.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I set my handle bar on my exmark 30 as high as it will go. I am over 6 foot 8 and have not thought twice about it not being a comfortable mowing height.

My Exmark 30 has been my main mower all season. Every time I see someone mowing with a 21 I have to hold back my laughing because it's like I know a secret they don't. The mower does everything pretty dang well. The engine could be a bit bigger, but in tall stuff side discharging or bagging both work great. I mulch 80% of my properties and I am sure the clients don't even know I am. I can't see myself ever going elsewhere for my small to medium sized residential mowing.

On a slightly different note I would like to see Exmark make a 35 inch version to fit through 36 inch gates.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

if exmark put a bigger engine on, I would worry that they would jack the price up alot higher and I think that it's at about the max price that they could get right now. I dearly love my exmarks but they do love to premium price their stuff
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Member

I might wait a bit until they get this issue with their transmissions worked out (I know that all of them aren't included, but even my own dealer is telling me to wait because they've had several come back already), but I am considering buying one next year. I just wish the discharge chute was a bit larger, as it looks to be about the same size as a 21", but with a lot more cutting area. The unit I tried out seemed to have plenty of power.

Liberty Lawnworks, LLC

"Don't be so busy making a living that you don't have time to make a life."
Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

We have three exmark 30's and love them. Best decision I made. We cut half acre's and down.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man the 30 didn't work out for me. Sold it. Much rather have a true 15-17hp walk behind like a Viking or Turf Tracer.
Posted via Mobile Device