Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-10-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

New to the site

Hey, Greg Fields here owner of Down East Property Services, I service mostly foreclosed and distressed properties in my area. I have been reading the posts here and am working my way into more customer and commercial type work but took on the foreclosure work for steady income. I have weeded out the bad companies and only work for one mainly and some real estate agents.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Greg, I've always wanted to get into forclosures, I actually even built a little site but never really got anything off the ground. What's the best way to get my foot in the door with this type of work? I tried banks and didn't have much luck, and really just got scared off by nationals....
Old 09-11-2013, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Foreclosures

Hey Luke, I got into it because my stepson was working for a friend doing this work in a different area than want I service. I checked craiglist under general labor, beware though you may have to go thru several companies before you find a good one. The company that I am with is a regional who has fair rates for this area and they have keep me busy. The only bad thing is what I got paid for at the end of august was for what I did in July. Also, try to get in with local real estate agents, if you can do the yards and clean out the debris on the property inside/outside you can make extra income. I am doing 1 property about every 7-10 days for an agent and when I am thru I get paid this helps make up the difference in getting paid once a month with the other company.