Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-25-2013, 07:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Grass catcher for Grandstand? Opinions....

I am thinking about adding an Accelerator Grass Catcher to my 2010 24hp/48" Toro Grandstand. I am mulching most of leaves falling now in GA, but will start having to collect soon, was wondering if it will work for scalping bermuda? I know there could be an issue with "Deck tilt" if it gets to heavy. I was thinking of bagging the grass down to a certain height then going over it with the Walker MBK one level lower to smooth it out. They seem expensive $400, just wondering if anyone uses it for this purpose and how does it do?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-25-2013, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't scalp huge yards here in Phoenix,it would probably be expensive after scalping,seeding and dumping huge property's could be costly for some homeowners but I scalp em down with an older Honda push mower,I cut them lower in the last few weeks and this week we cut all the way down with the Honda and scalped the edges with the weedwacker,it was a dusty long day
Old 09-25-2013, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The only time I had any deck tilting problem is when I used the Accelerator leaf extender with my jumbo catcher & the lawn was totally thick & wet with leaves other than that never a problem wet or not with just the jumbo catcher.. or really never a problem with the extender also just that one time...