Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-08-2013, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Plugr 410 Aerator

Hi Guys,

Looking into a new aerator currently own a Blue Bird 530, I have small lawns around 2000 sq. ft. and turning the thing around and manoeuvring it is not fun. Lots of reversing, turning etc. Which means I have to lift the tines or tilt the machine and the thing weighs a TON. Plus any slight turns or loose soil it goes over gets tilled, very displeasing.

I am now looking at the plugr brand which does it a little differently, any experiences with the smaller model 410? I am looking at a used one for just above 1k.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Pl410

The plugr 410 is a great machine> I've had mine for several years with no major issues. The honda motor still runs excellent. I have one for sale if your still looking
Old 03-04-2014, 04:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Which Plugr Model?

A1 Lawn Aeration,
Which Plugr model would you say is the best for aerating residential lawns? I like the price of the PL410, but I'm thinking the PL815 might be better for the long term. Any advice would be appreciated!
Old 03-04-2014, 11:03 PM
LawnSite Member

Plugr 410 vs 815

It depends on the size yards you regularly do. For me the pl 410 is a great machine but i only use it when i run into a yard which has limited access or the lawn is so tiny that its not worth getting out my bigger machine. The 815 is going to be better for lawns 800 sq ft and larger. It can be used on smaller lawns but is a bit bulky but would be fine. I bought the pl 835 because it goes a bit faster for larger areas but for smaller lawns it wont plug if i turn the speed down. I probably should of bought the 815 because now i still have to use my pl 600 on lawns that are a bit to big for the 410 but too small for the 835. The 815 to me would be the most widely used in my opinion.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I rented a BlueBird 530 to test against my lawn solutions 21 with the full weight kit. The lawn solutions pulled deeper and better plugs. Then I pulled out my plugr 850 and it smoked both of them.

Plugr hydros drive are tough to beat.
Posted via Mobile Device