Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-17-2013, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Member

end of season thank you letters ?

just wondering does anyone send out end of the cutting season thank you letters. i was thinking of sending some out thanking them for choosing me for the cuttung season and offering a fall clean up and a discount if they signed up for next seasons cuts. opinions pleaseee
Old 10-17-2013, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup, we do it along with Christmas/"Holiday" cards and early spring reminders...
Old 10-17-2013, 12:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i dont wanna steal your words but how do you put it, do you offer a discount for next years services if they sign up now, and if you do do attach something to sign along with the letter
Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM
LawnSite Member

I sent holiday cards around christmas time last year. that was it. just thanked them for allowing me to service lawn. Then mid feb. sent letters for mowing letting them know im still around. call around mid march before mowing and retained about all of them.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickz123 View Post
i dont wanna steal your words but how do you put it, do you offer a discount for next years services if they sign up now, and if you do do attach something to sign along with the letter
It's basically a generic/personal form letter. Just thank them for their service at their property(s) and state that we look forward to starting service again around the week of your normal start. I've always said too somewhere in the letter to the effect... unless we hear from you in writing, we will resume services around the 1st week of April...

This year since we are starting fertilize applications I'm putting in there that we will be in touch toward the end of Feb/beginning of March to discuss spring pre-emergent treatments.

You don't want anything too long, just a couple of paragraphs. For Christmas cards I have always did a hand written note and another "thank you" Merry Christmas (Holiday)/ Happy New Year thing. We actually get cards from several of our clients.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ill send them a little note at the end of october when the billing goes out telling them that I still do Snow removal and that any last minute fall cleanups that havnt been discussed yet must be brought to my attention to ensure it gets done before winter. I always thank them at the end of every letter I send out, but wouldnt send out a special letter just to thank them. That is done when holiday cards are sent out

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 10-17-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Member

thats very nice thank you, so is it stupid to offer a discount if they sign up for next year now ?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickz123 View Post
thats very nice thank you, so is it stupid to offer a discount if they sign up for next year now ?
We leave them under the impression that they are already signed up for next year, like I said "unless we hear from you IN WRITING..." Are you going to give a discount every year, then what?
Old 10-17-2013, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

its not a huge discount its just if they sign up for tens cuts next year they get the 11th free
Old 10-17-2013, 03:48 PM
LawnSite Member

or half off ... im gonna go with half off