Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-07-2014, 10:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Invoice Template

Does anyone have a good invoice template for mowing. I currently am just using the ones from Office Depot and they are great for landscaping, but are difficult to fill out for mowing. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2014, 10:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Why not use a accounting program like QuickBooks, or Microsoft word has lots of invoice templates
1997 f-350 dump truck
Toro ZTRs, Craftsman 33'' walk behinds, Toro 52'' Grandstand, Stihl Handhelds
2005 Bobcat S-300
Old 01-08-2014, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just set up invoice 2 go. It's really nice
Old 01-08-2014, 10:42 PM
LawnSite Member

I like to write what I've done down then come home and put it on my computer. I forget what I do and don't do if I don't write it down. I may try and make one but just was wondering if anyone had one before I made one to give me ideas.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kube616 View Post
I like to write what I've done down then come home and put it on my computer. I forget what I do and don't do if I don't write it down. I may try and make one but just was wondering if anyone had one before I made one to give me ideas.
Maybe carry a laptop with you and enter information after each job.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydemow View Post
Why not use a accounting program like QuickBooks, or Microsoft word has lots of invoice templates
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
I just set up invoice 2 go. It's really nice
Ditto to what hydemow said. I always wonder about these threads -- Why do you want to enter information twice, running the risk of error? You have to enter the information into your financial management software in the end. Why not use the Invoicing feature of the software. You have to manage customer payments (on time, late?), receivables, bank deposits, reconciliations (bank, cc), etc. Many of us use QuickBooks. It is easy to use and all the information dovetails with all other financial management functions.

As for "writing down," I buy a 8X10 spiral notebook, less than $1.00. Every stop has an entry -- name, brief description of what was done, mower settings, and time on site. I want this info anyway, and if I need help with entry to QB, it is available. A spreadsheet would work nicely as well. The work every day is recorded in QB that night -- no exceptions!

4 seasons,... saw your post the other day. I asked the same question, why enter your information on a stand-alone estimator/invoicing software, and then enter again into your financial management software? I researched your choice, and see nothing about any interface to QB, or any other software. When in the field, the app looks slick, quick and easy. But, that is not the end of task. Just wondering why you wish to enter info twice. No answer to the question in the other thread.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you're just writing down what you do then entering it why not a notebook or route sheet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm not sure what I'm going to do
Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You need to start printing a route sheet that has a customer name address and then you can write or create columns for services you do. Then after your done working you can input it to your billing program.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-10-2014, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Member

I have one I used that I had printed out with duplicated and unique sequential numbering. Shoot me an email at info@fredericklawncare.com and I'll send it to you.

It's a jumping off point, but keep in mind these are costly $150 PER 500) to print and you need to do them by hand and your stuck with the format until you revise content and reorder. Its also awkward and counter productive to reconcile these invoices, when paid, regularly and mistakes or omissions are bound to occur. I am switching to QB Pro 2013 and possibly a Lawn Care Software (??) solution to handle client lists, routes, invoicing, equipment maintenance schedules, calendars, etc.. This mitigates errors and removes the need to spend hours writing the info on invoices and then closing the loop on the back end when the payments trickle in. As an added bonus you can see who you profitable clients are, your slow pays, and endless other reporting metrics.

We spend sleepless nights trying to find efficiencies to save time and maximize our profit margins. Being organized and aware of your businesses financial health will help in immeasurable ways! Any one can push a mower, running a successful business is something quite different.