Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 2,440
Comparing Pickups

Every one their favorite pickup trucks. Out of the GM, Ford, Fiat (Dodge). What are the things that you like and do not like.

I will start. I like that GM has a 6spd auto and variable valve timing. I do not like that it has traction control and stabilitrac.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-17-2014, 10:53 PM
4 seasons lawn&land's Avatar
4 seasons lawn&land 4 seasons lawn&land is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 3,199
My silverado doesn't have traction control. Is that a half ton thing?

I like that gm 2500's and 3500s are compact, smaller than the others but same kind of capabilities.
Hate that stupid sleeve they put in the receiver so I welded the prick in there.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:00 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
My silverado doesn't have traction control. Is that a half ton thing?

I like that gm 2500's and 3500s are compact, smaller than the others but same kind of capabilities.
Hate that stupid sleeve they put in the receiver so I welded the prick in there.
That way on my brothers 1500.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2014, 01:41 AM
GreenI.A.'s Avatar
GreenI.A. GreenI.A. is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North East
Posts: 1,975
People will probably think I'm nuts for this. We run both ford and GM trucks, I keep a ford for my personal truck simply because of the keypad on the door. If it wasn't for the keypad I would be driving a Chevy or GMC. The only time I ever carry keys is if I jump into one of the other trucks
__________________
Why do people not respect us as they do other tradesmen? Because every Tom, Dick, and Harry doesn't think he can be a plumber or electrician!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:08 AM
jsslawncare's Avatar
jsslawncare jsslawncare is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Every one their favorite pickup trucks. Out of the GM, Ford, Fiat (Dodge). What are the things that you like and do not like.

I will start. I like that GM has a 6spd auto and variable valve timing. I do not like that it has traction control and stabilitrac.

Why didn't you label the Ford a IH or the GM an Isuzu? Ahh, I'm just kidding. I don't wont to start a posting war.

When the Hemi goes I'm putting a 4bt with an Allision in my 2500. I think then I'd have the perfect truck.
__________________
All equipment is wore out. <- Never mind. All equipment has been repainted and with new decals. It's like I have new mower's again!
48" Ferris WB
36" Ferris WB
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:03 PM
32vld 32vld is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LI NY
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsslawncare View Post
Why didn't you label the Ford a IH or the GM an Isuzu? Ahh, I'm just kidding. I don't wont to start a posting war.

When the Hemi goes I'm putting a 4bt with an Allision in my 2500. I think then I'd have the perfect truck.
Ford and GM own those other two. They do not own Ford GM.

So what is it about that you do not like about Ford, GM, Dodge?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2014, 09:02 PM
gallihergreen's Avatar
gallihergreen gallihergreen is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Research Triangle, NC
Posts: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Ford and GM own those other two. They do not own Ford GM.

So what is it about that you do not like about Ford, GM, Dodge?
GM doesn't own Isuzu anymore nor does Ford own Navistar. I like my GM 1500, it rides good, the interior is comfy, 5.3 has plenty of power, but achieves reasonable fuel economy for a crew cab full size pickup. I bought the truck new in '09 and it's held up well after almost 110,000 miles, granted it hasn't been used as a work truck, but I drive it to my hunting camp and down rough dirt roads and the truck is as tight as it was brand new. When it comes time to buy a new personal ride, it'll be another Silverado/Sierra. I don't drive my other trucks enough to tell you too much about them. I do like that my Ford Super Duty's sit up nice and high though.
__________________
Chris

“I’ve noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born.” – Ronald Reagan

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
gazoneyo's Avatar
gazoneyo gazoneyo is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Brookings, SD
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32vld View Post
Every one their favorite pickup trucks. Out of the GM, Ford, Fiat (Dodge). What are the things that you like and do not like.

I will start. I like that GM has a 6spd auto and variable valve timing. I do not like that it has traction control and stabilitrac.

Don't like Fords. Ram is OK. GM is best. My 04 Silverado 1500 has 170k miles and zero problems.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-19-2014, 02:51 PM
Valk's Avatar
Valk Valk is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern KS
Posts: 2,709
Everyone is one repair away from changing their minds. Admit it.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------
~ cut it high ~ let it fly ~
---------------------------------------------------
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-19-2014, 09:24 PM
TML's Avatar
TML TML is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southern, ME
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valk View Post
Everyone is one repair away from changing their minds. Admit it.
Posted via Mobile Device

so so true.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.com™ - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.08210 seconds with 7 queries