Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-20-2014, 01:09 PM
LawnSite Member

Case TR320 Questions

I'm heading out to look at a 2012 TR320 this week. 750 hrs, cab w/heat and a/c. Anything issues in particular I should be looking for?
Old 01-20-2014, 01:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 100 hours less on my 2012 TR320. The only issue we have had to date is the upgrading of the EH control handles and the latest EZ EH update. It has been a really dependable machine. You can have a CASE dealer run the PIN to find out what EH upgrades are yet to be done if any. They are free of charge. There was an update on the lift cylinders to heavier versions to increase lift capacity. I just had that done and it helps increase the lift arm breakout.

Its very strong machine. Cab is nice, very easy to service. Fuel useage is very reasonable for the productivity of the machine. I have the air/heated seat, its just a nice machine to spend all day in.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Thank you! When I take a look at it I'll call the dealer with the PIN. The loader (with tooth bucket) is priced at $39.9k and it's a private party. Sound reasonable? Of course, I'll work on the price. I've been renting a Kubota SVL75 quite a bit and SVL90 (a few times) for the last couple of years. Should be interesting to compare cabs, controls and comfort levels.

My Kubota dealer does have an SVL75 cab with 370 hrs along with a bucket available for 42k with warranty. No Takeuchi TL140's or 240's for sale within a reasonable distance, so I've kinda ruled that out. Either way, its a cash deal and a hard decision for sure.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Thank you! When I take a look at it I'll call the dealer with the PIN. The loader (with tooth bucket) is priced at $39.9k and it's a private party. Sound reasonable? Of course, I'll work on the price. I've been renting a Kubota SVL75 quite a bit and SVL90 (a few times) for the last couple of years. Should be interesting to compare cabs, controls and comfort levels.

My Kubota dealer does have an SVL75 cab with 370 hrs along with a bucket available for 42k with warranty. No Takeuchi TL140's or 240's for sale within a reasonable distance, so I've kinda ruled that out. Either way, its a cash deal and a hard decision for sure.
How do you like the svl90? I just bought one and only put a few hours on it so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:

Ya that's a real good number. Even if its moderately loaded, you wont get hurt there.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagrider22 View Post
How do you like the svl90? I just bought one and only put a few hours on it so far.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like the 90 a lot, it's a real brute. If I didn't have to change trailers to handle the extra weight, I'd probably be buying one. One thing I've found that helps interior air flow (a/c and heat) a bunch on all of Kubota's CTL's is to remove the screw in the vent on the rear deck of the interior and slide it open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
Ya that's a real good number. Even if its moderately loaded, you wont get hurt there.
I thought so too, thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Forgot to add...I emailed with the seller today. He had two updates done by the dealer in November. I'll know more this weekend when I take a look at the machine.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/hvo/4264911245.html

Just to add to the mix, the Kubota dealer called back this evening to let me know that they have some brand new tier 3 cab 75's coming in this week. Apparently Kubota is sending a few leftover units to their top dealers nationwide. Tempting.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Forgot to add...I emailed with the seller today. He had two updates done by the dealer in November. I'll know more this weekend when I take a look at the machine.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/hvo/4264911245.html

Just to add to the mix, the Kubota dealer called back this evening to let me know that they have some brand new tier 3 cab 75's coming in this week. Apparently Kubota is sending a few leftover units to their top dealers nationwide. Tempting.
For not much more you can get a new machine. A friend just paid around 50 for a 75
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
For not much more you can get a new machine. A friend just paid around 50 for a 75
Posted via Mobile Device
Ya, I can get one of the new 75-1's with a cab for $54,275. Tempting, but I really want to pay cash and be done with it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Ya, I can get one of the new 75-1's with a cab for $54,275. Tempting, but I really want to pay cash and be done with it.
Yeah for the price difference I would also go with a new machine. Your dealer should be able to do better on pricing especially if its a left over tier 3, I didn't pay much more than that for my tier 4 SVL90 with all options. Its worth asking.