Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-28-2014, 06:56 PM
LawnSite Member

4n1 Bucket Questions

I've been searching info on 4n1 buckets for my TR320. I found a almost brand new New Holland (Bradco) from a private party with the bolt on side wear plates for $2500, but it doesn't have teeth, so I would have to add them. It's also an 84" width. KSSS has verified that he runs a bucket of the same width on his TR with no issues. The other bucket is a Construction Attachments Severe Xtreme 78" (standard width for the TR) with bolt on teeth from a local dealer priced new at $3275 no tax. Any others that I should check out?

My other question has to do with the 4n1 function on a SS/CTL. I only have experience using one on the Kubota SVL75 and it was either an open or shut deal...nothing in between. Back in the day I ran International 100's and 125's with the 4n1 and you could partially open the bucket for filtering dirt out of rock and such. Is there some way to set it up like this on a SS/CTLl?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I had a 4n1 for a short period. (I sold it due to being to big for my machine.) but I could slightly open it.. Worked good for dumping a little crusher run in one spot.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Bradco 4n1 and you can open it to any position and it will stay.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I really like my 4n1. It's a Bobcat brand and it came with my machine. I've had it about 5 years and I am finding more and more things to do with it. It does open partial and if you get used to it, you can gently close it on objects.
I would like to run it with my tilt-tatch, too.. since I have extra hydraulic connectors and make it even more versatile..

Have you ever seen the "demo-dozer" with rezloh edge? I haven't used one but the videos looked interesting. http://demo-dozer.com/

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-28-2014, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I really like my 4n1. It's a Bobcat brand and it came with my machine. I've had it about 5 years and I am finding more and more things to do with it. It does open partial and if you get used to it, you can gently close it on objects.
I would like to run it with my tilt-tatch, too.. since I have extra hydraulic connectors and make it even more versatile..

Have you ever seen the "demo-dozer" with rezloh edge? I haven't used one but the videos looked interesting. http://demo-dozer.com/

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

Twitter @Cedar_Clearing
Old 01-28-2014, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Ya, I figured the kubota guys had it set up wrong. YellowDog, the demo-dozer looks interesting. Thanks for the link. I love the look of the rezloh edge, but man...they sure are proud of them!

I just sent an inquiry to Unlimited Fabrication http://www.rootgrapple.com/4in1.html for more info on their bucket.

One thing that I have yet to find out is if I can install bolt on teeth on the Bradco. It looks like all they offer is a toothbar. With the sticky black clay around here, I'm not to fond of having one more thing for it to hang up on.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Ya, I figured the kubota guys had it set up wrong. YellowDog, the demo-dozer looks interesting. Thanks for the link. I love the look of the rezloh edge, but man...they sure are proud of them!

I just sent an inquiry to Unlimited Fabrication http://www.rootgrapple.com/4in1.html for more info on their bucket.

One thing that I have yet to find out is if I can install bolt on teeth on the Bradco. It looks like all they offer is a toothbar. With the sticky black clay around here, I'm not to fond of having one more thing for it to hang up on.
http://www.skidloadersource.com/brad...nt-143805.aspx
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Unless I'm missing something, the toothbar is over $700. Might as well get a rezloh at that point.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Unless I'm missing something, the toothbar is over $700. Might as well get a rezloh at that point.
Try giving them a call.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-28-2014, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
Try giving them a call.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks, I'll do that tomorrow.