Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Sponsor

Get a new website - Yardsites.com early adopter program

Hi there,

We just launched yardsites.com, a website builder created specifically for lawn care and landscaping pros. Websites on our platform come loaded with features, including:
  • a library of professionally written content
  • an integrated blog
  • unlimited galleries
  • lead and quote forms
  • beautiful designs,
  • mobile friendly layouts
  • easy to use site editor

We take care of everything, including hosting, maintenance, and more. Go to yardsites.com to see some sample sites and learn more about our websites.

Right now, we're letting a limited number of businesses come onto our platform as part of an early-adopter program. In the early adopter program, you get a new website for your business, including all of our platform features, for one year. In exchange for a greatly reduced fee of $99 for the first year, all we ask of you is that you give us feedback on our sites and provide us with a quote or testimonial.

This is a very limited offer. If you are interested, please let me know right away by emailing me at support@yardsites.com. There are seven spots left. Once these are filled, we will transition to our normal rate of $39/month.

Thanks!

Aaron
Old 02-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Sponsor

A few frequently asked questions and answers about Yardsites.com:

I already have a domain name. Can I use that?
Absolutely! Once your new site is set up with YardSites, we'll help you transfer your existing domain name over. If you don't yet have a domain name, we can help you get one registered.

How much is hosting?
Hosting (and pretty much everything else you need to run your site) is included in our service. We run our sites at one of the top data centers in the country on our own infrastructure. They're blazingly fast (according to Pingdom, they are faster than 98% of the sites on the web). No need to pay extra for hosting.

How long will it take to get my site up?
We're generally able to get your site launched the day you sign up. You can use our tools to get your site live yourself, or work with our team to get everything the way you'd like.

Are these wordpress sites?
Nope! Yardsites runs a custom website platform that we developed internally for the lawn care and landscaping industry. It's super easy to use and packed with features specific to the industry.

What about search engine optimization?
Our sites are built from the ground up to index well with search engines. We'll also work with you to understand the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) and are happy to help you fine tune things to improve your rankings.

Do you provide customer support?
We do! We're a small business and we want to know our customers. You can call us at 1-800-683-0107 or email us at support@yardsites.com.

Can I customize my site's content?
You sure can. You'll get access to our super easy site editor, where you can add and edit pages from our content library, add your own pages, change your site structure, upload photos to your gallery, and lots more.

Sounds interesting. Can I see it?
We'd love to show off Yardsites and answer your questions. Drop us an email to support@yardsites.com and we'll set up a time for a 1-on-1 demo.

---------------

I'll add to this as more questions come up!

Thanks,

Aaron
Old 02-21-2014, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Member

E-mail sent!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-21-2014, 11:38 PM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColliCut Land Mgmt View Post
E-mail sent!
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply sent! I look forward to connected and getting you set up with an awesome new site.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am interested. Would you please private message me with some more information? Thank you very much.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorcupineLawnCare View Post
I am interested. Would you please private message me with some more information? Thank you very much.
Message sent! I look forward to talking with you.

Aaron
Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Any more spots left, and if we sign up is there a contract and also if we sign up and pay the 99 dollars after a year do we have to pay the 39 or do we just keep paying the one time 99 dollar charge every year?
Old 02-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Lawn&Landscapes View Post
Any more spots left, and if we sign up is there a contract and also if we sign up and pay the 99 dollars after a year do we have to pay the 39 or do we just keep paying the one time 99 dollar charge every year?
There are no contract or cancellation fees. The $99 early adopter program is a one-time payment for the entire first year. After that, it moves to our normal $39/month program. But again, there are no contracts so you can always plan on leaving after the early adopter program is up and leave it up to us to impress you enough to stay.

The spots are filling up - I'll get an accurate count out soon. This is a one-time deal so if you're interested, move quickly.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:03 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would like to know what you do for seo. Why am I paying $40-100 a month for a template?

Having a library with the same content across the board isn't going to do much good
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I would like to know what you do for seo. Why am I paying $40-100 a month for a template?

Having a library with the same content across the board isn't going to do much good
Posted via Mobile Device
Good questions. Our platform is structured well for SEO - you can control your title tags, meta description, URLs are semantically structured with your keywords, etc. There's still work to be done - we provide support on this and will work with each customer on a case-by-case basis as every business is different.

Having the same content is better than no content! I recommend that people start with our content library - that will get you up and running today instead of spending days or weeks writing content - and then customize the content over time. You can edit the content in our library or create pages from scratch.