Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2014, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Member

Stander Mower

I rethought my original post I am looking at a John Deere 652R Efi. Anyone have this unit and how is holding up. Pros or Cons. Also is Wright MFG. making JD's standers now? Should I just be looking at a Wright instead or another manufacturer...... If so which one?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wright makes all their standers yes( learned this at the GIE last year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2014, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Wright does make the JD stander. JD did make some improvements. Just wish it had the JD 7 Iron deck. The Wright Aero Core deck has had problems in cool season grasses. If I were you I would look at the JD, Scag, and Gravely standers. Demo them all to make a decision.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-22-2014, 03:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

gravely pro stance.

my work is done here.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I pulled the trigger on a john deere 652r efi. Ordered that a 930 m and a 52" walk behind with loop handles. They are supposed to be in April 1st. I had choice of scags john deere and gravely. I trade in every 2 years and scag and gravely are small and don't offer you anything at trade in time john deere dealer has dealerships all over country and offer premium at trade time. I haven't had very good luck with my 997 I bought last year. Hopefully it was just a lemon and these three mowers do awesome. When and if we ever get to start mowing I will let you know what I think on them. The gravely would be my premium choice though. The dealer near me only has one ztr in stock didn't know anything about the fleet pricing. Didn't have a loaner mower if I was down so I figured I should steer away
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2014, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashlawn01 View Post
I pulled the trigger on a john deere 652r efi. Ordered that a 930 m and a 52" walk behind with loop handles. They are supposed to be in April 1st. I had choice of scags john deere and gravely. I trade in every 2 years and scag and gravely are small and don't offer you anything at trade in time john deere dealer has dealerships all over country and offer premium at trade time. I haven't had very good luck with my 997 I bought last year. Hopefully it was just a lemon and these three mowers do awesome. When and if we ever get to start mowing I will let you know what I think on them. The gravely would be my premium choice though. The dealer near me only has one ztr in stock didn't know anything about the fleet pricing. Didn't have a loaner mower if I was down so I figured I should steer away
Posted via Mobile Device
a loaner mower is hardly a 'standard' feature for the dealership.

Do you not buy ford because the dealer won't give you a pick up truck when your truck is in the shop??

Your JD dealer gives out loaners?
are you sure or is that a yea yea, sure sure, wink wink thing?
you already had one bad mower from them, so three more is a good step?

would you buy a spare mower and keep it around incase you break down?
hmm then why should you expect your dealer to do that?

I did that with MY dealership, true, but I also ran a landscaping company and a used mower that went un purchased just rotated into my fleet… most dealers don't have that kind of duplicity.

don't look at no loaner mower being something of a red flag for a dealer.
he doesn't know about fleet pricing? it's called a phone. have him call the distributor.

how many times have you gone into a national chain and someone might not know about a nationally advertised promotion?
It happens.
the guy is small….

Should I steer clear of you, and not hire you to mow my lawn because your a small fry business?
Old 03-23-2014, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
a loaner mower is hardly a 'standard' feature for the dealership.

Do you not buy ford because the dealer won't give you a pick up truck when your truck is in the shop??

Your JD dealer gives out loaners?

are you sure or is that a yea yea, sure sure, wink wink thing?
you already had one bad mower from them, so three more is a good step?

would you buy a spare mower and keep it around incase you break down?
hmm then why should you expect your dealer to do that?

I did that with MY dealership, true, but I also ran a landscaping company and a used mower that went un purchased just rotated into my fleet… most dealers don't have that kind of duplicity.

don't look at no loaner mower being something of a red flag for a dealer.
he doesn't know about fleet pricing? it's called a phone. have him call the distributor.

how many times have you gone into a national chain and someone might not know about a nationally advertised promotion?
It happens.
the guy is small….

Should I steer clear of you, and not hire you to mow my lawn because your a small fry business?

Oh did I offend you somehow? I'm sorry but if I walk into a mower dealership that makes a living selling mowers and small engine repair and they cant tell me anything about it, it kind of does throw a red flag for me. I'm not going in a big box store and talking to some idiot about lawnmowers. This guy has been there for 10+ years too. To be there that long and pull everything upon computer??????? And yep a loaner program. Reasearch it. The dealer gets a couple of demo units in and they loan them to you if yours is down to keep you working. But yes I do have a backup. It's a scag wildcat with 2000 hours on it and a bagging system. I use it mainly in fall for leaves. But the main reason I went back john deere is resale. I'll explain. Lady year I traded in my 2009 scag turf tiger with 1200 hours. My scag dealer offers me$3000 because he was in process of moving shop and had his funds tied up. Gravely dealer offered me $2200. Kind of a slap on the face. John deere gave me $6500. Because Meade is able to afford it. So if I trade every 2-3 years it only makes since to go green
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2014, 07:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Loaner program.

http://www.gravely.com/en-us/more/gr...urance-program
Old 03-23-2014, 11:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
That's frikken AWESOME!!!

I wonder how long that will last? would be cool if they can keep that going for ever.

I like how it says 'commercial duty' …. makes the homies with their nuts an bolts wait in a different, longer line.

Saweet.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPendagast View Post
That's frikken AWESOME!!!

I wonder how long that will last? would be cool if they can keep that going for ever.

I like how it says 'commercial duty' …. makes the homies with their nuts an bolts wait in a different, longer line.

Saweet.
Its been around for a few years now. I cant see them dropping it.
Posted via Mobile Device