Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-23-2014, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro TurfMaster

Blades quit engaging today. Looked under the thing it it appears the BBC belt is loose. It doesn't seem the belt is off the pulley's, but I can't find a diagram to make sure. The BBC Belt goes around the rear pulley and the pulley on the front left side if looking at the mower from the front. However, there's a pulley to the right, the belt is on the inside of, I don't think the belt is suppose to go around that pulley. If it is suppose to go around that pulley I can't figure out how to get it around there because there's not enough room to route the belt over that pulley, and I can't take it under. I'm guessing I should just take it back on warranty, problem is the dealer is an hour plus away, so I'm looking at a $200.00 trip counting gas and lost time. Anyone got any answers before I wake up? The mower is a month old. I've cut lot's of tall grass with it already, would this cause the belt to stretch that fast?
Old 03-24-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I can look in the morning for you.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

CuttingEdge, I would really appreciate that before I have to make the drive an hour a way. If you understand what I'm saying, the BBC Belt goes around the rear pulley, comes around a second pulley on the front left (When looking from the front of the machine, and goes to a third pulley on the right front. I'm just not sure if the belt goes around that right front pulley or behind. I'm pretty sure it goes on the inside of the pulley because I dang sure can't find a way to put it around that pulley. I'm wondering if I could have stretched the belt. Could some knee high grass have done such thing so fast?
Old 03-24-2014, 12:20 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I doubt that you could stretch a belt in tall grass, especially since it is only one month old. Could be tho. I will let you know what mine looks like asap.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuttingEdge LawnCare View Post
I doubt that you could stretch a belt in tall grass, especially since it is only one month old. Could be tho. I will let you know what mine looks like asap.

I had doubts of that too. But I have no other idea of what's going on. Because it almost seems certainly like it's that BBC Belt, because it's loose enough I can take it off with my fingers. If you get a chance it would be awesome if you could snap a picture of the belt setup from the front. If not, I understand if your busy and all. I'm going to see if I can message you now my phone number that way you could just text me a picture if you get a chance.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Member

Is there a belt routing diagram on the mower deck
Posted via Mobile Device