Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-17-2014, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Motorized or manual lawn roller

We have never rolled new lawn installs but thinking we are going to start. Thinking of a kesmac, but kinda steep at 5k. Are they that much better than a manual pull/push one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-20-2014, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a nice roller, especially with that motor. But do you do enough sod work to justify that price? I don't think you need something that heavy for air pocket's, but if it was fast enough i might consider it. I don't know though... that's really a luxury item. But if the sod is thin, i can see a value. But if you have good irrigation that does a good job of getting rid of air pocket's, so... like i said... luxury item.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We grade with ctl's and I like a nice smooth flat yard. 95% we roll 40yd big rolls with the tractors, sometimes leave tracks in soft ground or one of the guys dont rake out an area the tractor or loader roughs up. I am looking at from a quality stand point, If we have any slight imperfections I think a roller would clean it up. We also have to go back from time to time to fix settlement issues along foundations and utilities. 5k is 5k, i do not want to drop it if a 100 push/pull roller will do the same thing. Has anyone used one???