Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2000, 08:14 PM

Last summer I looked at the Meg-Mo blde system out at Louisville. This is the flail type blade mounted on a central disc. I liked the looks of it, but the guy is a fast talker and I hate to commit dollars to what could be a hair brained scheme. I like the idea of four cutting blades per spindle and the fact ahtthey can swing back when they clock something. It's a sizeable investment to set up the first time, having to buy both the hubs and the blades tips themselves.
Old 04-20-2000, 10:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I JUST INQUIRED ABOUT THIS BLADE SYSTEM FOR MY 72&quot;LAZER,SEEMS A LITTLE HIGH TO GET STARTED,BUT IN THE LONG RUN IT SHOULD PAN OUT.I'VE ALREADY SAGGED THE AFTERMARKET BLADES THAT I GOT FROM THE DEALER .THE OEM BLADES ARE FINE, THOUGH I STILL THINK THE MEG-MO'S WILL SAVE THE ALUMINIUM SPINDLES FROM THOSE DIRECT HITS.ANY BODY HAVE ANY INPUT?<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 04-21-2000, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

NOBODY HERE USES THIS BLADE SYSTEM? I DON'T WANT TO SHELL OUT THIS MONEY W/O SOME TESTIMONIALS FROM YOU GUYS.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 04-21-2000, 07:12 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

never heard of it, how much is it and do they have a web site.<p>Homer
Old 04-21-2000, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

MEG-MO.COM<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 04-21-2000, 09:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I like the idea of them,but even after startup costs are over,the little blades are 3.95 each x 4,I can get good quality blades for7.95 each,so where is the savings they claim?I can run double blades in an x pattern for the same price,and I can change all 6 blades in under 3 minutes,I bet itll be a lot longer laying under my ZTR changing 12 individual blades each on there own bolt/pin.If u r using your mower as a brushhog,it would help,but who's that doing that,not me.Until I hear from one of us using them Ill keep my money in my pocket.<br><p>----------<br>John D<br>
Old 04-21-2000, 09:44 AM

Well, the sentiment here seems to mirror my own thoughts. I talked to the guy who makes them at L'ville last summer. A bit too fast talking for my tastes. Lotsa bucks to try them out and while I like the idea of four cutting edges I don't like the initial cost or the cost of the individual blade tips.
Old 04-21-2000, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE I'M THE GUINEAPIG!i just talked to him on the phone and orderd a set for my LAZER EPS,I' DO ALOT OF VACANT ACERAGE WITH DEBRIS,LIMBS,HIDDEN GOODIES AND I THOUGHT THEY MIGHT DO ME A BETTER JOB ON THESE PROPERTIES.I COULD BE WRONG OR NOT!I'LL GIVE YOU A REPORT ON THE CUT QUALITY ON THE SOD FIELDS I CUT ALSO!<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 04-23-2000, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Member

I've got a set of the Meg-Mo blades I put on My Grasshopper. They're laying in the garage after being used one time. Worst set of blades I've ever tried to use. E-mailed Meg-Mo to see if they would take them back. Never got a response. Wouldn't recommend them to anybody. After I've thought about the four separate blade configuration, I won't ever use mine anyway. If one of the blades comes loose, its going to cause major damage to the deck or something or someone around it, when it sails off of the hub.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<p>
Old 04-27-2000, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

WELL I GOT THEM TODAY.THE CUT IS GOOD BUT I FEEL A VIBRATION THAT WAS'NT THERE BEFORE.THE BLADES ARE THINNER THAN I'D LIKE THEM TO BE ,TIME WILL TELL HOW THEY HOLD UP AND I'LL BE ABLE TO TEST THEM ON THE BAHAI SEEDS SOON.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING