Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-01-2003, 06:23 AM
LawnSite Member

Anyone from Indiana

Just wondering if anyone from Indiana visits this page? I am new to the industry and I am finding tons of valuable info on this site. I am in central Indiana.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are a few of us here.
Welcome to lawn site.
I'm just north of Anderson.
The search feature is your new best friend. Use it. But watch out for a few posters here not every one is as knowledgeable as the say they are. After you have been here a while you'll see what I mean.
This post is a good place to start.

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s...t+the+LCO+game

Good luck.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm located on the north side of Indy.

I also recommend using the search feature. I spent many months searching different topics when I first became a member. Good luck with everything.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Member

leadarows/kppurn,

Just wondering what licenses, if any, you are carrying. I am just getting started and I have been told by a person from the state of Indiana that I would not need a license to cut grass commercially. I know I have to have a license to do fertilizer but that is all. Any info would be great. I have just bought my trailer, mower and insurance and I am attempting to get a few lawns and hopefully be able to do some leaf removal this fall.
Old 09-01-2003, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry leadarrows I misspelled your id.
Old 09-02-2003, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I carry a category 3b Commercial Pesticide Applicator License as well as a 3b Comm. Pest. Business License.
I have my name registered (DBA) in the county I work in as a sole proprietor. I believe you should register your name in all counties you work in, if you operate in multiple counties. Right now I'm only concentrating on one so that's not an issue yet. Insurance is a must, but you already have that so you are good to go on that end.
You should be able to pick up some lawns before the season is over, which will give you a jump start for next season. Good luck to you.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:42 AM
LawnSite Member

The license is just so you can do fertilizer right? I am going to register this week with the County Recorder. Is that what you ment by registering? Thanks for the help.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:47 AM
LawnSite Member

I am going to try and get the Licensed this winter so I can do fertilizer next spring. There is a lot to think about when trying to get started. I want to make sure that I get all my ducks in a row. I just plan to do this part time, I have a great job but I work nights so I want to try and generate some extra income during the day. It all makes me
Old 09-02-2003, 03:45 AM
LawnSite Member

hey indiana,

W central here.

You don't need an applicator license to fertilize, but you do need a license to apply herbicides and/or pesticides.

Welcome to the Site.

Lead..........iv'e been meaning to get in touch with you for some time about the fellow I was gonna hook you up with (about pavers, block, stone). I meant to get it to you but it seemed as if the thread had died, I didn't feel like it was quite proper just to post his number here, so I didn't, .............would still like to pass that on to you though. Sorry.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Darwin Thanks for remembering you can PM me or email me at LEADARROWSRCS@netscape.net

kppurn
"I believe you should register your name in all counties you work in"
I registered with the state. Registering with each county is news to me. Hey I don't know every thing if I missed this I need to know more about it myself. I had an accountants help with all my paper work when I got started and I think I have every thing but heck with all there is to do well could you explain a little more what county office did you register with?
Like an idiot I let my pesticide and herbicide permit expire a few years ago when I was managing a bar. We started using round-up beans and corn on the farm and have the locale elevator spray that for us and so I just let it go. Now I am expanding my business and doing lawn care so I have to go and get them again. Oh well it is a different category any way as I under stand it.