Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-25-2004, 07:07 PM

Bulk Mulch Supplier in Jersey

I was wondering if anyone knows a bulk mulch supplier that will deliver in the Jersey area? I'm thinking about setting up a bin for mulch at our yard so we don't have to go to the nursery every morning and wait and deal with all that. Just looking for a contact if anyone has one I'd realy appreciate it.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Why don't you just find a local trucking company to pick some up in bulk for you and dump it in your yard? I know of some guys that might deliver to you but of course its for a price.
Old 02-25-2004, 10:44 PM

1-800- 89mulch ive used him. about 130.00 for 5yds delivered.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:09 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You can try nature's choice. They have locations all over NJ so delivery might not be too high.
Old 02-26-2004, 12:12 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Re: Bulk Mulch Supplier in Jersey

Quote:
Originally posted by little green guy
I was wondering if anyone knows a bulk mulch supplier that will deliver in the Jersey area? I'm thinking about setting up a bin for mulch at our yard so we don't have to go to the nursery every morning and wait and deal with all that. Just looking for a contact if anyone has one I'd realy appreciate it.
Rich,
My friend owns a recycling company in South Plainfield and they make mulch. They have three tub grinders and one is portable. The minimum is usually 25 yards. Is this what you are looking for???
Pete
Old 02-27-2004, 12:05 PM

I'm pretty much looking for a wholesale supplier that supplies the nurseries and stuff. I'd like to just kinda cut out the middle man (the nursery). Mostly becasue if I have it right at the shop in the morning we can save tons of time and I had a big problem last year with the nursery not being able to keep up with supply. I'd start a job in the morning and by the afternoon the would be out and I couldn't finish. I had days where we went through 40+ yards a day and I just need to make it run smoother this year. Plus if I can get it cheaper than what I'm paying at the nursery that would be nice too. Thanks for all the info guys.
Old 02-27-2004, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

mulch

try LMI in hillsborough
Old 02-27-2004, 03:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by little green guy
I'm pretty much looking for a wholesale supplier that supplies the nurseries and stuff. I'd like to just kinda cut out the middle man (the nursery). Mostly becasue if I have it right at the shop in the morning we can save tons of time and I had a big problem last year with the nursery not being able to keep up with supply. I'd start a job in the morning and by the afternoon the would be out and I couldn't finish. I had days where we went through 40+ yards a day and I just need to make it run smoother this year. Plus if I can get it cheaper than what I'm paying at the nursery that would be nice too. Thanks for all the info guys.
Rich,
I'll try to get the info... My friend does make the mulch and sell to distributors.
DP
Old 02-27-2004, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have friends that get a trailer load (80 - 90 yards at a time) of double ground brown. Runs them about 6 or 7 bucks a yard I think delivered. If you want, email me at rspronck@aol.com or a private mesage and I can get the specifics.
Old 02-27-2004, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

From NJ I know there are a lot. SJAP (South Jersey Agricultural Products), Banfe (in Barrington NJ), Mimlich (Mount Laurel area). There are also a lot from PA including Frey Bros mulch, Kuhn's mulch. Also, check w/ your current supplier... you may see their supplier dropping off a load and just copy down the info from their truck.