Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-17-2004, 10:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Do you think I am handling this correctly?

I just went to mow a customers lawn today and he came out and informed me that his neighbor had called the cops on him the last time I mowed because I had mowed about a 3 foot wide strip of their yard also. He was real cool about it and kind of laughing about the whole bad neighbor situation, but I still feel like I should do something to make up for the trouble he had to go through, because he did inform me of the property lines befor hand, and I only went a little bit onto the neighbors yard so that I could get a nice straight line. (How was I to know they would be pricks?) So I'm thinking that I should contact the neighbor and explain that it was entirely my fault, and they should not bring the customer into it. I was also thinking of offering my customer a free fert. since his yard needs it anyways. what do you guys think?
Old 05-17-2004, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'd leave it. Unless you mowed over his flower garden or something, the guy just has way to much time on his hands. Got to wonder what the cops were thinking on that call lol

Old 05-18-2004, 12:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Leave it alone. Any persons who would call the cops for that have a problem...with themselves or with the neighbor. Dont even talk to that prick
Old 05-18-2004, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Member

Forget about it; it's not your problem. Your customer gave you a "heads up" in case the prick decides to jam you up just because you made a honest mistake.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The most I would do is leave a note at the neighbor's door saying it was a mistake on your part, you weren't aware of where the property lines were and that it won't happen again.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I would not talk to the neighbor. Something is wrong if he calling the cops on that.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't worry about it. Just make sure to stay off of his lawn from now on. You didn't do any harm, and you shouldn't be made any punishment (like having to offer free services)
Just keep in mind that your customer gave you a heads up, and keep doing a good job on his lawn
Old 05-18-2004, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't do anything for FREE!!!

If he needs it, SELL it to him!!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:29 AM
LawnSite Member

I would just leave it alone and offer your customer some discount or free service like you said. You do not want to confront the neighbor, they do not sound like the type of people that it would go smooth and could put your customer in a worse situation. I am an Officer and I have to say I have been on some pretty stupid calls but I would have to probably bite my tongue on this one.