Register free!

Old 07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Bush Hogging

Hello Guys,
Could you tell me how much to charge for two and half acre bush hogging job. Half of it can be mowed. The rest would require bush hogging.
He lives in a rural area and will burn all the debris. So there is no hauling and no weed killing.
Thanks for your input.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My basic charge for tractor work is $180.00 for the first three hours - travel time included. After that, it depends on what you are shredding and for what purpose. You should be able to finish 2.5 acres with-in this time frame.
Old 07-31-2004, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Member

ouch! THOUGHT WE HIGH ON OUR $50.00 PER HR I guess it depends on what the local economy will support. around here you would stay home to many farmers have tractors and moon lighters who think that we are making a killing by charging as much as we do .
but then it also depends on what size brush hog you have we have a 8 ft so it does not take long at all to do a spot and then off to the next one more profit in the smaller patches than the big spots shortgut
Old 08-03-2004, 07:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have based my prices upon a customer having to go out and rent a tractor of comparable size/equipment then operate it.
I see absolutely no reason why I shouldn't make what a rental yard would, plus, past the three hour mark it turns into hourly charges.
I am not a scrub, I have licenses, insurance, equipment in addition to a sundry of details that contributes to my overhead.