Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-07-2004, 04:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honda Gc160

I cant get my honda gc 160 to run right, It used to run for a while, and then die and then it got flodded out and wouldnt re start and you would have to wait 30 minutes and then it would be ok. It doesnt run now, I am pretty sure the problems are carb related. For those of you who have shared the honda experience, you know there isnt the typical screws as on other carbs. If anyone has any carb diagrams or any insight, please let me know...thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like your float and needle valve are sticking. Take the bowl off and spray them with carb cleaner to loosen them up and get them working properly. If that doesn't work then just get a rebuild kit for the carb. If you don't have previous experience with carbs you may be better off letting the dealer fixi it for you.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:48 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The thing is though I bought the motor from small engine wherehouse and it was supposed to be "like New" it was a scratch and dent they called it. I dont know what is going on with it, i took the carb apart, I have some knowledge and i dont know if the needle and float are sticking i did give them a good dousing with carb cleaner so i dont know, i will have to take them off again to give it another inspection. Good thing it is on my lawn roller and it doesnt need to be ready until spring.