Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-19-2000, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Hi guys does anybody know where to get high lift blades for a 52" toro groundsmaster?
Old 05-19-2000, 04:53 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Try www.proparts.com<p>You might also want to try a set of gator blades with a side discharge 52&quot;.<p>They are an actual toro/eXmark dealer in NH<br>that has very good mail order division.<p>The guys that take you order actually have some knowledge of the products they are selling. It is much easier to call a 1-800<br>number and call the order in then wait 2 days<br>(in my case) for UPS than making 2 time consuming trips<br>to the stupid dealer and pay list.
Old 05-19-2000, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Lawrence is right. He hooked me up with the proparts guys, about a 35 minute drive from me. They are very knowledgeable, get you the parts fast, and have beat my local toro dealer on parts saving me up to 40% on what I would pay locally. They are 100% commercial! While I was there, my brother in law bought a Maruyama BL 4500 backpack blower, a closeout special for $318 tax free. Was $420. Give them a try. By the way, Thanks Lawrence for the hookup!<p>Mike
Old 05-19-2000, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

stupid dealer ??<br>your mower had to come from a &quot;stupid dealer&quot; at one time or another, unless you buy direct from toro.<br>stone, if you buy from a &quot;stupid dealer&quot; does that make you stupid ?
Old 05-19-2000, 08:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on the gators. We put the Toro Atomics on our 52&quot; Z-Master and the amount of clippings coming out from the side discharge is much more acceptable now, especially given the fact that the lawns up here are &quot;out of control&quot; length-wise with all the rain.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com
Old 05-19-2000, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

cutntrim, how is the lift on those atomic blades. i really wanted gator magnums for my z master 62 but i cant seem to find them. like i have said previously..... i love my z master but my only cmplaint is that due to the sfs and the fact that the clipings to not pass fromm bladed to blade the clipping to not get chopped up as much as i want them to.... means going over areas twice this time of year. has the amount of clipping really been reduced with the atomic blades and do they stripe nice?
Old 05-19-2000, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Evan,<p>The lift hasn't been a problem, every single blade of grass still gets cut. The amount of clippings discharged has been noticeably reduced. Actually, our Ransomes with double-blades (thanks to Eric) stripe nicer than our Z-Master. However, in answer to your question, the Atomic's striping is comparable to the original blades. I'd recommend picking up a set.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com
Old 05-19-2000, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

i have been using high lifts on my z master and the striping couldnt be better. i wouldnt want to change that quality of strpie by going with a blade that stripes as good as the reg lift blades. god..... i cant wait for the magnums!<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Evan528
Old 05-20-2000, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Evan<br>When I contacted the Gator Blade manufacture they really made me mad when they said it would be a year on mag-gators for a Toro.<br>Right after that Toro started with the Atomic<br>thing but I have not been able to tell whether they cut a deal with the Manufacture or not. With there volumn It would not surprise me.<br>If you go to the Mag-gator list you see all the other brands there but the biggest selling one (Toro). If I wanted sales I guess I would manufacture them<br>
Old 05-20-2000, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info guys.