Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-23-2005, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Last yr I went to the 4th of July parade.

While I stood there, one group of veterans came by and handed me a small flag to wave. As the rest of the parade went by, I proudly held up my American flag and waved it with great energy. After about 15 minutes, I noticed there was writing on the small wooden handle.

I looked close--- it said "made in China".

I freaked out, threw it away and went home. When we can't even make our own flags I give up!
Old 04-23-2005, 10:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Followell
I really didn't know that Stihl was really German. I honestly thought that they were american. I guess because of the large manufacturing plant they have in Virgina Beach, Virginia. Stihl says made in USA while other equipment says assembeled in USA. You right I guess, most companies outsource so several parts are foreign made. I know the Zama carburetors on Stihl are made in China.

Stihl has manufacturing plants in Germany and Mexico pumping out units as well as here in the USA. Totally German owned however. BTW RedMax boxes say "Made in USA" and they don't even have a manufacturing plant here! Don't pay a whole lot of attention to those stickers.

The Redhawk mowers are a very decent machine for the money. I own one so I should know. It's really easy to criticize something that you know nothing about! Most of the parts (engine, tranny, tires and wheels etc.) are US sourced and they are assembled in China. Parts and servicing dealers are readily available in my area. Great value for the money and the quality of cut and striping is excellent! I'll take the $600 I saved on this mower and put it in my pocket for now!