Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Snapper Pro??

Does anyone have any experience with the Snapper Pro? I am looking at one for residential use and trying to get my 14 yr old son started in the neighborhood. It has the 19 hp Kawa engine but doesn't have the 2 stage air filter. The deck is 48", everything else seems like the other commercial brands that Snapper sells. The price is $5,099 + tax. Looking for advice please.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I've never used one but i've heard good things about them and they look like a very well designed and built mower. I'm also pretty sure they are less expensive than some more popular brands. I'm sure you'll get a lot more replies if you post this in the commercial lawn maintenance forum.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrogenicman
Does anyone have any experience with the Snapper Pro? I am looking at one for residential use and trying to get my 14 yr old son started in the neighborhood. It has the 19 hp Kawa engine but doesn't have the 2 stage air filter. The deck is 48", everything else seems like the other commercial brands that Snapper sells. The price is $5,099 + tax. Looking for advice please.
I have the Snapper Pro Fastback in a 52" cut and 21hp. I love it, it is a very heavy duty machine with 7 gauge steel all throughout the frame & deck. Mine does have the 2 stage filter. I haven't had any problems at with the machine, I bought it last year and would add another in a heart beat. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll see if I can answer them for you.

Buck