Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2005, 04:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The original front caster lockdown

I not looking to start a war. but I have been thinking about this for so long and it bothers me. About one year ago i posted pictures of a front caster lockdown that i had made. Drive in, slide a pin in, and go. it was simple. Alot of members thought the idea was silly. But about 6 months later Mark from prolockers came out with his front caster lockdown. Now I AM NOT aiming this at Mark, and in NO WAY am i saying he stole my idea. His design is different and a bit better but many critisized my idea saying they did not want holes in there trailer floor, and that it was to bulky. When Prolockers came out they where praised; when i had the concept posted 6 months or more before mark ever started selling his. The thread is gone now because i actually asked Sean to delete so now one would steal the idea. I just had to write this when i went to my dealer the other day and saw a prolocker. The ideas never stop though and a few months from now i will blow you guys away with a new landscape inovation. This time its under wraps
Redmax EB-7001
6x12 trailer
Echo PB 200 Handheld Blower
7hp Toro Snow Commander
5hp Briggs pump
Tanaka 26" Hedge trimmers
Kee Bed Edger
Honda Tiller
Old 04-27-2005, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Keep those ideas churning, rookiemower !

Sounds like a tough break, but at least you learned to keep 'em under your hat until you protect them in the future.

Good luck!
Old 04-28-2005, 06:09 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

What else are you thinking about? I have a patent attorney sitting next to me.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookiemower
I not looking to start a war. but I have been thinking about this for so long and it bothers me. About one year ago i posted pictures of a front caster lockdown that i had made. Drive in, slide a pin in, and go. it was simple. Alot of members thought the idea was silly. But about 6 months later Mark from prolockers came out with his front caster lockdown. Now I AM NOT aiming this at Mark, and in NO WAY am i saying he stole my idea. His design is different and a bit better but many critisized my idea saying they did not want holes in there trailer floor, and that it was to bulky. When Prolockers came out they where praised; when i had the concept posted 6 months or more before mark ever started selling his. The thread is gone now because i actually asked Sean to delete so now one would steal the idea. I just had to write this when i went to my dealer the other day and saw a prolocker. The ideas never stop though and a few months from now i will blow you guys away with a new landscape inovation. This time its under wraps
I remember the thread and the pics you included and thought it was a great IDEA !!! So great in fact that I made a few for myself Praise is great to get but cash is better next time spend the money on a patent or at least SELL your idea. I'll give you $25 for the next invention you come up with
BTW- it was a great Idea and I do appreciate you posting it.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

the original front caster lockdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOW ED
What else are you thinking about? I have a patent attorney sitting next to me.
Have that patent attorney pm me with his contact info. I may need his services. I want to fly him out to a job, immediately.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim dailey
Have that patent attorney pm me with his contact info. I may need his services. I want to fly him out to a job, immediately.
You aren't the only one. I keep them busy for months with the stuff I got around here.

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous