Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Boy o Boy. I agree with you guys 100%. We carry large zip lock bags of each type of mulch. (Remember to keep them out of the sun, otherwise they will fade). The aroma when you open the bag, especially of cedar is great. We also collect 1/2 or the cost of the mulch (material cost) up front. If they decided they think they are going to stiff us, we have no out of pocket costs.
Also, on the contract, if one is used, have them sign off on their choice. Just like laying pavers.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:17 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Martinez
I got in the habit of bagging all the mulch I use, meaning i have small amounts of mulch, labeled with the name and placed in small zip lock bags....give it to the customer and let them keep the "samples"...they let me know which one and I go from there, works so far.....

Exactly.

Lasher66,
In my opinion the customer has a right to be annoyed.........what you put on her beds was not decorative mulch such as is used for landscaped beds. You used a compost from the local compost pile and called it mulch..................And yes, it does stink because it has to be an active compost and reach a certain core temperature to kill the weed seeds and such before it can be released to the public.

I would not be happy either................Just my opinion.