Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-21-2005, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota Question

I need a small tractor for mowing Bahia turf and was considering a Kubota B series either the 7510 or the 7610 HSD's. Looking for any input on similar size units used for mowing with the Belly mower. Also looking for a self-powered unit to pull behind like the Swisher 60". Is the "B" series up to the task? These models are 21 and 24 hp with 4 wheel drive. Will I have enough power?
Old 04-22-2005, 09:14 AM
LawnSite Member

Equipguy, I'm sure the tractor(s) would mow and pull the swisher , But thats probably going to be more headache than its worth.... With gas prices today I would be more interested in something like gang reel mowers no fuel cost ,but I would opt for the higher HP in that case...

It would still be more trouble ...unless your in wide open spaces like a golf course
Old 04-22-2005, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've got a B7500 HST. I don't have the belly mower but a guy down the street does on his. So here's my oppinion on that.

If you need a mower get a mower. The tractor is bad-a$$ I use it constantly for many things using the FEL or the 3-point w/PTO. You would not want to use this tractor as a belly mower unless your just taking advantage of the fact that you have the tractor for other reasons. The Belly mower is high dollar too.

I've used a 60" brush hog type mower on this tractor. It will turn it but it struggles in high stuff.

I also have a Swisher T60 pull behind. I pull it with my ATV. So thats two engines running at the same time. I like the Swisher but I'd trade in a heart beat for a decent 36" walk behind. As a matter of fact I'm going to try and sell it.

It does a really good job, just remember it's a finish mower. If you mow once a week and the job is real flat and not many obsticles, you can mow at 12MPH using an ATV.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Look into these things....
http://www.growersford.com/agricoltu...t_tractors.htm
Attached Images

Youtube Channel... http://tinyurl.com/l9a3843
Old 04-22-2005, 12:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the info
Old 04-22-2005, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I can tell you have have a bx1800 with a 60" mmm and it mows great.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a B 7610 and I love it! I do not have a belly mower for it. I have a front end loader and brush hog. I have no experience with a belly mower on this tractor so I cant help you there. I do know that your best bet would to get a rear finish mower that runs off your pto instead of getting the swisher and have 2 engines running.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:26 AM
LawnSite Member

I have the B2710 with the mid mount mower and it mows great. The only thing is it gets in the way if you are doing other stuff with the tractor. You can pin the deck up but you still lose ground clearance. I would have probably bought the rear finish mower now so you could take it on and off easier. Mine is 27 hp 4wd hst and I love it. I would love to have a front bucket on it though.

Mac
Old 05-03-2005, 10:01 AM
LawnSite Member

I have a B7800 that I got to do all sorts of work around the house. Before I bought that I used a B7510 for a few days. In my opinion if all you are going to do with it is mow you don't need to spend the extra $$$ on a B series tractor. I think a BX series would actually give you a better cut and you could still put a pretty large deck on them, pull a Swisher mower and use several other rear implements. They are lighter and generally have shorter turning radiuses also. My B7800 with a 60" belly mower does a decent job but I wish I would have spent the money that I spent on the mower deck on a seperate rider mower instead. If you are going to use it for expanded funtions such as loader work, box blading, etc... then the B series are quite a bit more capable than the BX and can still do a good job at cutting the grass. Otherwise I think they would be overkill. Good luck.

Matt