Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

2003 Chevy 2500HD Richmond-Cheap, pics, lots of info

I have sold everything in my biz except for this truck. It is a 2003 2500HD Ext. Cab (4 doors) with 8 ft bed 2 Wheel Drive, it has the the 6 liter gas engine. It is the base model and has these options. Auto tranny, Locking differential, Towing pkg, deep tinted glass, bed liner. And yes it does have AM/FM. I have been the only driver and it has 32,650 miles The GM warranty is still good. The sticker on it was $28,307.

The good: I have used 10w-30 Amsoil and the amsoil oil filters since the truck had 15000 miles on it. I have changed the oil whenever the GM oil alert system told me to. I did the first oil change at 900 miles for a break-in change. I had the tranny and rear axle fluid changed at 20,000 miles (Iím paranoid about these since they both had problems on my old Dodge). So you can be assured maintenance has been performed diligently.

The bad: it has a ding on the passenger side behind the rear tire where I jackknifed a small trailer. It really isnít noticable unless you get close. The tires are in so so shape. It gets 9 MPG pulling an enclosed trailer with about 6000 lbs in it. 14 MPG is the best Iíve ever gotten. This is why Iím not keeping the truck. I got a sales job where I will drive around 100 miles a day so a 4 cyl car is in my future.

I will sell this truck before May 11th so if you want it give me a call now at (804) 833-9060. I am in the Richmond area. I am asking $16,250. This is a great deal and I hate to sell this truck but I am forced to. The NADA trade in on this truck is $19050.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg truck1.jpg (26.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg truck2.jpg (22.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg truck3.jpg (25.3 KB, 88 views)