Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-03-2005, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Member

21" mowera huring america

I dont give a damn to those saying such and such about polluting the air. im sticking to my guns and continuing with pride about my mowers!
Old 05-03-2005, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith
Some how I see this happening in Nascar.....

Did you ever read DW's book....Man they were bending the rules just a bit back in the day....
i havent read his book at all. when i worked for the 10 car we cheated alot. they all do. the rule of thumb was to cheat on 20 diffrent things and nascar would only catch 6 or 7. then you still had some left over that they didnt catch.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man, I thought this thread had died! lol, well I was caustic with the title, somewhat tongue in cheek, but am amazed the direction it went. I see guys putzing around with 21s and I have covered 5 yards before they are thru, and we are putting out close to the same emissions. IMHO, I think the largest fastest mowers are a must going into this next century, just wait, you will see a show on it in the next few years, I guarantee. Americans are norotiously complacent. The giant cars died in the 70s when gas was scarce, and Japanese cars kicked our ass. OK, now, it is 2005, and we didn't learn, GM is losing a **** load of money now, as, oh guess what, SUV sales are plummeting, DUH. We are entering a time never seen before, We have never had the population (that is growing), the greenhouse effect, the scarcity of resources, etc. I am just concerned, and dont want to be a typical complacent American!
Old 05-03-2005, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

PS, I find it strange that no one agreed that a large mower in the proper hands can do as good a job, and is more environmentally friendly!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

I do not agree with your claim that it is more envirmentally friendly.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

since this thread has gone out of whack he is a stinky situation for fuel

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science....ap/index.html
Old 05-04-2005, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz1001
I do not agree with your claim that it is more envirmentally friendly.
well, then, why? If I can drive to the West Coast in one day instead of 5, with slightly more emissions per hour, I am 4 times more environmentally "friendly". A lesser evil.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Grass
well, then, why? If I can drive to the West Coast in one day instead of 5, with slightly more emissions per hour, I am 4 times more environmentally "friendly". A lesser evil.
I'm not even going to bother to follow this whole thread, but I suspect the point was that the smaller cheaper engines put out a disproportionate amount of emissions, i.e. more emissions per gallon of gas.
Kind of the equivalent of mileage for cars.

That said, if you drove a car 5 times faster, it would put out 5 times as much emissions. A better comparison is a bus carrying 60 people to California vs. 60 cars driving to California. Bus's might be gas hogs, but they are certainly better than the equivalent number of cars.

So was the point that everybody should hire a landscaper with a big mower? Or that LCO's shouldn't use small mowers on big lots?