Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-02-2005, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Mobil 1 15-50 for hydro oil users?

Is there any change in using Mobil 1 15-50 now that the new extended performance oil is out. I can't find the old stuff... The new stuff is API service SL/CF.

I posted this in the Hustler forum too.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:34 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure about the new extended life oil in hydrostats, but since you mention the Mobil 1 15-50, i'll tell ya a little bit of what i've learned about it from a friend. Mobil 1 15-50 is the absolute BEST motor oil on the market as long as you want minimal break down to an engine. This guys only job and has been for over 10 years, is to do studies on motor oil. He compares every oil that is on the market including Pennsoil, Texaco, Valvoline, Havoline, etc. including their own upgraded oils for engine wear, mileage, etc. The verdict is that engines using Mobil 1 15-50 had the least engine wear of all of the other oils on market. Now that the extended life oil is out, i dont know how those compare, but other than that, Mobil 1 is the best. Also, worthy of mention.... One might say that, "I can save money if i use a 5-30 oil on fuel costs." This is true until it is time to repair an engine, but then those savings are spent and then some to fix the engine.

This is just a little something i figured i'd share with you all.
"To have a nice, green, weed free lawn is a LUXURY. This holds true for a Cadillac pick-up. We don't have to have one, we just want it! Our Cadillac owning customers want the nice lawn. They paid for the Caddi, why not the lawn?" The moral here folks is, Charge Accordingly!

http://www.gardenplace.com/main.asp?page_id=38
www.j-thomas.com
www.weedalert.com
Old 05-04-2005, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

you mean the one with the gold cap instead of the red? I couldn't find the red cap either, so I took the bottle down to my dealer and he said ok. I've been running it in the hydo's not very long and it seems ok.

A student taking a philosophy class had a single question on his final: "What is courage?" The student wrote: "This", signed it, and turned it in.

in Iraq, ever since the beginning of time, men have fought for, land, power, money, and greed. but what are we fighting for? .... we are fighting for something new, we are fighting, because it is the right thing to do.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

On my toro it says to use Mobil 1 15w-50...
Old 05-04-2005, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Yes the gold cap. I was just making sure things haven't changed. I noticed awhile back that Examrk took their Mobil 1 page down and I heard that Mobil suggests not to use the Extended performance oils in autos under warranty.

By the way, Pj answered my question a couple of days ago on the Hustler forum. He said it is fine to keep using Mobil 1 15-50.

I use Gopher Billing & Scheduling Software
Download your FREE fully functional 30-day
trial here.