Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-22-2001, 08:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Could someone please help a newbie? I have a completed business plan, business cards, residential flyers I I don't think that flyers should be used for corporate clients, right?) and I'm trying to secure capital to purchase equipment. I have a few questions concerning marketing...

1. Should I begin now marketing my services, or should I wait until I have the equipment?

2. How does one market to the corporate sector? Should I use company letter head and write a business anouncing myself and my service? If so, does anyone have an example letter?

3. The big question: In trying to obtain corporate accounts, I see many lease signs with the property owners name and phone number, should I target the property owner or the company itself?
Old 02-22-2001, 09:30 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Definitely start marketing now. People are looking for landscaping RIGHT NOW. Landscape co's phones (like mine) are ringing with people asking for info, appointments and bids. If you land the work and don't have the eqpt, you can rent it.

As for commercial work, I can't tell if it sounds like you're after maintenance contracts or installation contracts. If it's maint, the folks at the Lawncare forum will be very helpful. If it's commercial install, I can't help much, but if you run a search on the words "hunting elephants", you'll get some answers to some of the questions I asked. Will likely be helpful.

[Edited by Stonehenge on 02-22-2001 at 09:36 AM]
Old 02-22-2001, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Stonehenge,

When I refered to contracts I meant maintenance contracts...
Old 02-22-2001, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dear Mr./Mrs. Jones:

Thank you for the opportunity to bid on the professional mowing and grounds maintenance of your business. We look forward to working together as partners in Total Quality Management to create an attractive, high quality landscape environment that will have a lasting impression on neighbors, guests, clientele and employees of your business.

A professionally maintained landscape "grows" in value. Our clients benefit by presenting an exterior that is meticulously manicured, professional and reflects the company image. As we provide employees with a productive work environment you should also notice reduced personnel problems and management involvement.

Our services are for those who want the very best in professional lawn care and landscape management. As a professional management company we continually update and maintain our equipment to maximize the effectiveness of your program and minimize your expense.

Our representatives are skilled professionals that serve both commercial and residential properties with the same meticulous attention to detail. We put forth the extra effort to provide you with the very best lawn and landscape service available so we can bring out your landscapes fullest potential within your pre-determined "budget". This is accomplished through the application of sound business and management practices.

Operating budgets are sometimes increased or decreased after our initial discussion. Our services enable you to put together and later change if necessary, your grounds management package so it best suites your companyís requirements at any time.

We will provide you with exactly those services you want and for the specific lengths of time you feel you need them.

Regardless of which company you hire, your long-term satisfaction will be contingent upon knowing how the company operates and what to expect.

I will be contacting you within the next week to see if you have any questions or if you wish to discuss any of our services in greater detail. I look forward to talking with you soon.

Respectfully,
Johnny Landscaper

[Edited by kutnkru on 02-22-2001 at 01:52 PM]
Old 02-22-2001, 01:50 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have that letter printed out onto company letterhead with a business card attached and present it to the company in person.

Quite often we have found that it is better to go thru the company who is leasing the property as many Commercial Agents have a clause in their leases that the "leasee/rentor" is responsible for the upkeep of that property.

Hope this helps.
Kris
Old 02-23-2001, 02:26 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Kris,

This is what I really needed help with. Sometimes it can be intimidating with all of the competition out there, not knowing if your company will get noticed or not.

Thanks,

Ron Allen Thomas