Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Residential ztr for 1.5 acres with obstacles

This is my first post. This is a fantastic site with great information and I appreciate everyones comments.

I purchased a new house on about 1.5 acres with many obstacles (to which my wife keeps adding!) and the previous owner left his JD LX178 mower which is a very nice mower but takes a long time to mow due to the obstacles. I push mowed with a toro super recycler push mower at my old house and I can push mow in about the same amount of time (2.5 hours vr.s 2.0 hours with the JD). Do you think a ztr mower would save me time? I would be willing to spend up to 5000.00. The lawn has one fairly steep incline but is otherwise flat. The local dealers are TORO, JD, Ex Mark, Hustler, Lawn boy, and Dixon). Most of the lawn service companies have Toro and I have been impressed with the Toro dealers service (they also sell Lawn boy and Ex Mark). The dealer is steering me toward the Lawnboy ztr mower with a Kawasaki engine. I would like a mower that will last a long time as I mow once a week for 5 months out of the year and bag the leaves in the fall. I appreciate any advice you can give
Old 05-13-2005, 06:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Don't know about the steep incline part but... I picked up a new Hustler Fastrack on Monday. I cut 2 acres with obstacles. It used to take me 2+ hours on a John Deere L130 48" cut. The first time I used the Fastrack it took me 55 minutes! I paid just under $5000 for a 18 hp Honda w/52" deck. Awesome machine
Old 05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Member

Thanks AndHeDrew, I will check out the Hustler and keep you informed.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would also suggest Hustler. They are about the best built mowers and priced very reasonable.