Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2005, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

We have a few elderly customers on our lists!!! I have one that stands above the rest though!! She had not called to renew her services for this yr!! She never missed calling same month and day every year!! I called her for 3 days in a row and never got an answer!! I have her daughter's # in my day planner (in case of emergencies) and gave her a call!! She hadn't talked to or seen her mom for couple days! She was gonna stop over to see her after work, but decided to try and call her!! She also didn't get an answer, so she called the neighbor to go see if he could get an answer! Nothing!! She decided to leave work early and go check on her! She found her on the living room floor!! She had fallen 2 days before and broke her hip!! She couldn't reach the door or the phone to get help!! She has now sold her home and is in a nursing home, but I talk to her every week! She will always hold a special place in our hearts!! She thanks me and my wife for caring enough to check-up on her when she didn't call!! It is all part of the job in my book!!!
38" mtd rider
34 cc straight shaft weedboss trimmer
18" poulan pro chain saw
craftsman 18"hedge trimmer
echo handheld blower