Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-01-2005, 06:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Minnasota mowing

Who mows or does landscape in minnasota? How long do you mow and when do you plow, thanks
Stihl 4mix

"WE ONLY HURT THE ONES WE LOVE"
Old 06-02-2005, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Member

Hello from Minnesota... Our mowing and maintenece typically runs from the second week in April to the second or third week in October. the landscaping end of things runs a bit longer than that. It just depends on how warm it gets and how quick the frost breaks. Landscaping isn't usually too bad a season here. Plowing the past few years has actually sucked in the south central part of Minnesota, but after busting tail all summer long and into the fall the winter does make a good time for vacation. From what I hear though, the northern part of the state got quite a bit of snow this past year so it must not have been too bad. We have actually had to wait into December to use the plows in the snow in the past, and if we were lucky, we used them occasionally though Febuary.

Speaking of Minnesota......Where's UP NORTH been lately... any one hear from him?

And if you don't mind me asking...I noticed your from IL. You thinking about relocating?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Up in the NW corner of Minnesota the mowing starts in the middle of April and goes into October. Last Year I was actually still cleaning leaves in November. As far as snow, we got an average amount of snow but had quite a few windy days that kept the snow moving. It doesn't have to snow to still make money moving snow. Hope this answered your question.