Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-02-2005, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I had an ongoing problem when this mower was new. Anyone that remembers me remembers the problems I had. After several months it was finally resolved. The second dealer, the second time around managed to find a wire that was grounding out in the main harness. There were some other things that were replaced, but it was really hard to get an answer out of anyone after the fix was completed. Just before I took it in the last time, Kohler had sent me a service manual and I had pretty much come to the conclusion it was a problem in the harness anyway.

Fast forward two years. I am mowing the exact same lawn in almost the same place when the mower stumbles a bit. I was just thinking at that exact moment how two years had passed since I had the problem. It was not really a coincidence that I thought about, as I have thought about it quite a few times when mowing that lawn. It has done it a few times in the past few days, but yesterday while idling in a driveway it got really rough.

I took it over to the shop this morning and pulled my car out. My car is going through a similar problem actually, a known o2 sensor issue. Made me think, maybe I should look at the o2 on the mower first. Looks like the wire had rubbed through the covering and you can see the actual wire, so it looks like that is the problem. At least it was easy to track down this time...hope thats it :blush:
Old 06-02-2005, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Keith, also take time to pay special attention to all components of the fuel delivery system AND there relationship to any heat sources.

Oh, and did you take a minute to check out that link I provided earlier in the thread.

"If you place a low value upon yourself, rest assured..... the world will not raise your price."

"The bitterness of poor quality lingers on long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten"
Old 06-02-2005, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What codes does the computer give. I have a guess that you are getting a "34".

Oldtimer
Old 06-02-2005, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey oldtimer have you ever had one of the 26 hp.twist the crankshaft in two
at the flywheel main bearing????
Old 06-02-2005, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Kohler EFI codes

Here is some information on Kohler EFI codes. You can download the whole manual for FREE from the Kohler website.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Kohler EFI codes.pdf (149.7 KB, 95 views)