Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-28-2005, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

ADI Build a pond

ADI build a pond day is well worth it if there is one in your area. They will show you some tricks as well offer you assistance with sales.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Member

This guy was charging his customer 55,000 for this pond that we build during this class. Or course we did not do any landscaping, he was going to finish that up and I dont know how much that involved.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Residential Recreation
everone has something different something unique about them. If you were a chef working for a small itialian restaurant would you want all of your food to taste exactly like the olive garden. why would people go to you and not the olive garden. its your technique your work sells itself if your work looks like everyone elses why would we hire you to build a pond. a 2 day class will give you an overveiw of the basics. dig a hole add matt fill with water. filter etc..... pick up a few books and skim through them you will find things that you agree with and things you dont. school is for people that cant figure things out on their own.
I agree with the need to figure out things on your own, but when you rely on learning the hard way it can be very time consuming and expensive. I think $200 for 2 days worth of hands on instruction is a bargain. But I would also recommend researching other methods of construction as well.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ADi would be a good place to learn what not to do. Those ponds are always dirty. I like their ideas but not the equipment and design. I have never been to "build a pond day" but am interested in attending,.

www.SoCalPonds.com