Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-04-2000, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I have been following this forum for 3 or 4 months now, and it has been extremely helpfull, except for the fact that there are so many helpfull hints that it gets confusing. At first I wanted to buy a dixon ztr, everyone told me &quot;don't do it&quot; none of us use them, ok.<br>then i went out there and shopped the BIG BOYS, DIXIE LX MODEL42&quot;, TORO ZT 100 , EXMARK LAZER HP 44&quot; PRICES ARE COMPARABLE ($5800 TO $6300 )ALL THREE SEEM COMPARABLE IN QUALITY, ONE HAS BETTER HYDRO, THE OTHER A BETTER DECK, AND TORO CAN MOW LONG WET GRASS.I KNOW THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT USE THESE MACHINES, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM, WOULD YOU BUY ANOTHER, ARE THEY ADEQUATE,.bY THE WAY THE LARGEST i COULD GET AWAY WITH IS 48&quot; TO MANY THIGHT AREAS AROUND POSTS, FENCES AND TREES.PLEASE HELP. i AM SURE i COULD NOT GO WRONG WITH EITHER ONE BUT WHICH ONE WOULD BE A BEST BUY. (ST AUGUSTINE GRASS, NOT MUCH RAIN, 4 ACRES, NO HILLS,2 PONDS WIH A 10 DEGREE SLOPE, 80 TEN FOOT PRIVACY FENCES TO MOW AROUND AND 35 TO 40 TREES) <br>
Old 05-04-2000, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Member

Go with a 48&quot; a 44&quot; will be too small. Plus they are horrible for trimming around trees beds etc. I got a 44 as a loner and hated it.<p>----------<br>Steve<br>Mountain View Landscaping
Old 05-04-2000, 08:15 PM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

If what we said wasn't enough to make you decide, and I can see how it would get confusing, go demo each unit and see for yourself which one is best for you. If you can squeeze a 50&quot; into your mowing area, go a bit bigger. See if you can demo both sizes.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<p><p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Eric ELM
Old 05-04-2000, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Member

i will be demoing all three in the next few weeks. By the way to make things harder both dealers are great, very helpfull have loaners if yours is in the shop for more then 24 hours and neither one of them has a bad thing to say against each others mowers.<br>the guy from exmark thinks dixie is a great machine his only negative comment is that dixie does not have a floating deck and the dixie/toro dealer Exmark/toro same company) feels exmark is great but likes the cut on dixie and toro better????<br>I have got to find a nasty dealer that will tear his competitor apart.
Old 05-06-2000, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Member

There is a heck of a good deal on a used Dixie in Florida on the Turfquip site<br>it is a flat lander loaded at $6800<br>With 55 hours on it.