Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-03-2001, 10:02 AM
LawnSite Member

You go fishing and catch a bunch,(them bragg about it)go hunting and make a good kill,(then bragg about it) or start mowing and seem to make a lot of money (then bragg about)and then wonder why everybody want's some of it. Seem's people are their own worst enemy's. Everyone in your home town has heard you make 80k, 90k, over 100k, or whatever, from your friend's, customers, and banker's are the worst. People don't see bottom line, just the gross. I know because I also farm and when people start telling me how much I make I tell them, get you a 100k and get after it. Not everyone is going to make money in this business, they'll come and go, maybe I'll be one of those, but as for me I'm going to try to keep my money matter's as quiet as I can.
Didn't mean to make anyone mad, I was just saying...

Before you ask, why did I get started? Go back and read my post LOL.

Do the right thing

Old 03-04-2001, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

People are often proud of what they have accomlished. We as a society love to share the fruits of our labor with those we are close to. Its always nice to know that people admire what you have done. Thus we have art galleries, museums, and libraries.

Kris
Old 03-05-2001, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Talking

Hunting is the only way to go.set forth and stalk your prey then shoot to stop.
Old 03-05-2001, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ron

I was trying to be a little more tactful, however this not always works.

LOLOLOL
Kris
Old 03-06-2001, 11:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure about your question/statement. If you are saying that some people do well at things, (hunting, fishing, lawn business, being a great lover, etc.), and brag about it and then people you have bragged to are envious and want to/think they should be able to do the same thing, well...That's called human nature. In our society, too many people covet what their neighbor has if it is more than they have. Be it a successful biz, nice car, even their wife.
If the circle of your friends and acquaintances are such that they are not content with their place in life and make it known that they would love to have what you have... Success hunting? Success fishing? Success making a nice living in your type biz, making the amount of $$$ you do? That has been the case since Adam.
Most people don't get it. It's not about having what your neighbor has or Bill Gates has.
When these people are in a hospital bed and are 90 years old, taking their last breath in this life, will they be thinking about how much money they made?

Sorry folks, this should be in off-topic forum but thread was started here.

[Edited by Bassman on 03-07-2001 at 04:16 AM]