Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-03-2000, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a lazer and on certain yards it will just leave an indention from where the wheels have rolled over it. Its not because the grass if wet and every time i mow them i stagger the cuts to make sure i dont keep rolling over the same parts. What do you tell the customer when they ask about it? Is there a way to lesson the track marks?<br>thanks for the help<br>Dingo
Old 05-04-2000, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Dingo, is the ground soft in that area, are you turning w/o both wheels rotating? Define indention in this case.
Old 05-04-2000, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Member

A very noticable 1/2-1 in. impression where the large tire have rolled. I imagine the ground is just soft but im afraid im going to lose the customer and its a really nice account and way to large to use a 21&quot; and i dont have anything lighter than my lazer.
Old 05-04-2000, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Thats something that you will not have any control over, the weight of the machine and the soft ground will do it. What I do on my yards that have that problem is move over a tire width and sooner or later the indentions turn into one big flat yard! Alternating patterns is good and you need to continue doing that, but move over a tire width the next time you cut it and the small indention will turn into a larger indention. Just of of them thangs!<p>Homer
Old 05-04-2000, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Dingo, if they ask, tell them this is the cool new trend in Europe and you are thinking about charging more for this service, but you are willing to let them have it for free. Tell them you have people everyday begging for tire marks in the yard.<p>Seriously, what tires are on your Lazer?