Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-04-2005, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

is that trailer big enough? christ, you might as well put an AC'd office in the front of that thing. also, i thought about moving my taillights to my gate as well, but then when its down you can't see the four-way's.

I'd opt for a shorter trailer for mowing, i can't haul 26' plus a 20' truck around here without using both lanes for right hand turns. 'hey, whatever works'
Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

That electric trailer jack is pretty cool. Did you make that? I think im gonna have to buy one now.. lol - Peter
Haulmark 6x12 Enclosed trailer
Bri-Mar 6x12,7x14 Dump Trailers
18hp Billy Goat Leaf Loader
Classen 5.5 Honda Power Rake
Stihl FS100RX, FS110 Trimmers
Stihl HL100K, HS81T Hedge Trimmers
4 BR600 Blowers
Stihl 029 Chainsaw
Honda 3 HRC216HXA Mowers
5 HS520A Snowblowers, 1 hs928was
Old 08-04-2005, 08:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

BS, Its 7.5' wide x 22', but actually narrower than all factory built trailers, as they put the tires outside of the deck, my frame is narrower but my deck wraps around the tires/fenders. So i get a wide deck except for like 6' in the middle, but its still wide enough through there to get a 60" Z through with a little room to spare. As for the length, it is too long for regular mowing (probably could do with 16' just fine), but for leaf removal I like to have room for the vac catchers on the mowers and such. Its nice to know you always have room for more, but I'd probably trade it for a 18' trailer if someone were interested.
a/c office, sweet I want one LOL...

Peter, yeah I made that.. LOL... If you've priced the kits for them, they're out of this world on prices (to me anyway) but my old crank jack stripped out the screw inside, and I had the parts for this laying around so I put it on. Works great. It will actually lift the back end of the truck in the air if you needed to change a spare on the rear of the truck Its pretty powerful.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Impressive. whats that M880 you've got painted? OD green? just curious, its an old army type truck, and I'm into those things like flies on crap.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I guess I need to drag my camera out and shoot some of my new to me dump truck and trailer. Like the new toys. Looks goods. So how about some of your new dump truck with the vac on it

48"/56" WALKER GHS 26hp EFI

Kubota B7500 Tractor with loader, blower, cab, box, aerator

F-350 Dump w/ plow and spreader

Brown BedEdger For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek
My favorite reason to own a walker, because it makes others jealous
Old 08-04-2005, 10:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Talking Hey Frankenscag

Hey Im In Ct. My Company Is Called Cutting Edge Lawn Care!!! Isnt That Funny!!!!!!!!! Good Luck To You.......
Old 08-04-2005, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

OldSaw, yeah its OD green (not original camo). lift in progress, and sits on 38.5" Ground Hawgs on chrome wagon wheels. Straight piped 5" chrome stacks in the bed. More pics of it: http://photobucket.com/albums/a343/BushHogBoy/
This site has a little info and pics on the M880's, http://ramchargercentral.com look in truck pics forum and search "M880" you'll find some info on them too. Also there is a CUCV (i think) site out there that has a little info on M880's and also the Chevy military trucks/blazers. I have a sweet tooth for the military trucks too

Itsgottobegreen, yeah i wanna see your new toys, post pics!

scagwildcat, ya I have come across lots of companys called Cutting Edge Lawn Care/Service/whatever.... seems to be a common name, but I do get compliments on the name and our slogan "Putting the 'care' in lawn care!"
www.cuttingedgelawncare.biz

~Eric
Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hey Eric! Man I haven't seen you around here in forever! Glad to see that you found time to come back to us, lol. Hey, if you don't mind me asking... What happened to your Ferris Z? I was just thinking today about trying to find one to demo with a catcher and thought of the pics you had posted of yours and how well you liked it. Why the change to an Exmark? I had a 52" lazer zhp and was not impressed with anything about it. Did you consider dixie at all? Seeing that you have visited the plant and I know demoed one or 2.

PM me if you want...

Nice looking set up! I need to do a complete rennovation of my mower line-up and start over from scratch next spring. I need to have several machines of varying sizes like you instead of 2 50" machines like I have now...