Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2005, 03:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Getting started & seeking advice in Tampa, FL

I'm wanting to get started in this business. Can you give me the low down on the how to's? I retired from the Air Forceas a Master Sergeant last year and currently work as a surgery technician full time in a hospital to tie me over during my transition. I was also a successful recruiter, so I know how to sell myself and a product. My earnings are half what the Air Force paid my before I retired. Fortunatley, I get a retirement check each month that covers my mortgage and car payment, but there is no growth potential for me as a surgery tech. My present earnings are pretty much topped out for income potential as a surgery tech. I really bust my butt in the O.R. and put up with some nasty surgeons, quite frankly because you have to or risk losing your job by being labeled insubordinate if you you speak out against them. So, all things considering, with the same type of work ethic and labor I apply now, I see great potential in this job to make this a successful venture. I've always wanted to be my own boss and I think this is a very good opportunity for success. Can you give me some advice to get started? What type of equipment to start with, where to find the best deals to buy the equipment and any other "Do's & Don'ts". I live in Lutz, FL just outside Tampa. Feel free to email me.