Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-14-2005, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMLawn
SO, at the tender young age of 17 you have decided to "go into business" and then start that "business" off on the Wrong and Illegal foot? You then are the very type of grass cutter that the real LCO's on here are complaining about daily............surely your mother and father taught you better! I only a week on LS you have almost 70 post with endless questions about this "business" so If you are going to "act like you are in business" then do it RIGHT and do it LEGAL!!
dont worry about this guy he puts every kid down that is in business but the question is you want all the kids under 18 to run a legit business but us guys under 18 are not old enough to get the business liscense and insurance and all that unless it is under an adults name but believe me man i would be legit so quick if i was old enough but i guess i will have to wait till im 18 to become legit
Old 08-14-2005, 10:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz
Wrong

Look at waiters. Avg pay is around 3/hr.
I think you need to do some research about wages before you speak. Waiters Wages are lower because they are exposed to A LOT of cash in the forms of TIPS.

Secondly, in order for a person to be paid on commission they need to be a key employee (I know what all of you are thinking "but they cut the grass, they are key") which means that they have to be a decision maker i.e.: manager, crew leader, partner, sales, etc. You may offer additional money (after you pay at least minimum wage of course) in the forms of bonuses which could and in many cases will increase the productivity and also probably reduce the frequency at which the "can I have a raise question" is asked because they are in charge of making more money for themselves.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerphilco
I think you need to do some research about wages before you speak. Waiters Wages are lower because they are exposed to A LOT of cash in the forms of TIPS.

Secondly, in order for a person to be paid on commission they need to be a key employee (I know what all of you are thinking "but they cut the grass, they are key") which means that they have to be a decision maker i.e.: manager, crew leader, partner, sales, etc. You may offer additional money (after you pay at least minimum wage of course) in the forms of bonuses which could and in many cases will increase the productivity and also probably reduce the frequency at which the "can I have a raise question" is asked because they are in charge of making more money for themselves.

I have a lot of friends in sales that make no base. 100% commission. (performance based)
Old 08-15-2005, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko
I have a lot of friends in sales that make no base. 100% commission. (performance based)
Sales is listed in that list (I think you are speaking in reference to the list but Im not for sure), I am in sales now and make 100% commission, nothing else unless it is a bonus for hitting certain marks.

A person has to be an intrigal part of a business to be paid on commission, I think the gov't does this for many different reasons.