Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-09-2005, 01:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

getting new clients in ct.

Hi All, i been landscaping now since 2000, in a small town located in ct. ive tried to advertise in all the local papers and have signed on some clients, but it seems like i spend more on my ads than what im getting i new work, i also noticed that there is alot of new landscapers out there that have alot of work and have used or really old machines, i wrote a post about this a few days ago, and recieve great advise(thanks all) .. i was wondering if anyone on this site is from ct. and can help me out with getting new client, i do great work, atleast my clients always tell me i do, i just cant understand why my phone doesnt ring that often.. ive lettered my new f350 i have all new equipment, i keep the looks department , neat,and clean, i think that looks mean alot!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVISE....
Old 08-09-2005, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Member

what do your ads say?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Member

What kind of work are you targeting? Do you have a niche or are you doing lawn maintenance? I am from Old Saybrook Ct.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

people seem to like the 'beat up, and old' look. I recently upgraded from a 94 dodge 1500 that was beat up with a battle scar or two. I now drive an 05 f350 diesel extended cab long bed and people seem to take it as 'wow, he has a new truck, he must be over charging people'. Since i bought the new truck i've only landed a handful of jobs, not what i used to secure while driving my POS. I'm looking for a used toyota pickup now to show up to estimates with.

We live in the richest state in the country, evidently, we're not supposed to get much of the money that floats around here.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hi guys, thanks for the replies!! in my ads i usually list spring &fall clean-ups,
lawn mowing, fert., bark mulch ,snow plowing & sanding, reasonable rates, fully insured free estimates, the phone number and my full name. ive tried cheap ads, and coupons, also discounts for people who sign on for the year!!! i do get calls, but i might get one call one week go two weeks before i get anymore.. its weird, maybe its just me expecting more? i dont know, i did notice today a truck working in my town that had a Maine Reg. and his trailer was from Forida !!!!for crips sake im in CONNECTICUT... its seems like it gets worse from day to day........ Im really thinking of packing this show up- , i really dont know what else to do
Old 08-10-2005, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Plenty of work around the valley. Hell, if U need work call us on your slow days.
http://www.PlanetLandscaping.net "Helping keep Earth Green" We use Ford F550 powerstrokes ,Mistubishi cabovers,Kubota Tractors and Excavators, Scag turf tigers,Exmark Lazers,Wright Standers, Shindiawa, Redmax , Finn Hydroseeder's and a bunch of other goodies. International Assoiciation of Hydroseeding Professionals, President: .
Old 08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Member

accounts

Hey man if you need more customers ive got 80 accounts for sale comm,resd, if you want them i have to get rid of them asap so email me at jhoganlc21@aol.com if you are interested,and the accounts are in ct
Old 08-16-2005, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
Hi scagwildcat,

Have you considered creating different offers in your advertisements?

For example here is a fall flyer concept that has discount offers to entice the potential customer to act.

<table width=100%>
<tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td></td></tr></table>
<center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>