search sponsored by:
Advanced Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Thread Tools   Display Modes
Old 03-15-2001, 11:32 AM
Kent Lawns Kent Lawns is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Midwest
Posts: 870
Either run them through a temp service or hire a payroll service.

In addition to calculating taxes a generating payroll, you also need to:

File 941 Form monthly.
File 940 Form Quarterly.
File State withholding taxes monthly.
File STATE unemployment form quarterly.
Buy, manage Work Comp Insurance and track overtime.
Mantatory Work Comp audit annually.
Remit federal annual employment summary.
Submit W-2's.

These REQUIRED and other potential tasks (unemployment forms) are better handled by someone who does this for their job.

By the way, forget to file your 941 on time? The IRS DOUBLES your amount owed. Read your local business journalm happens all the time.

Bottom line: Your time is better spent earning money.

Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 05:25 PM
diginahole diginahole is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Port Perry, Ontario
Posts: 249
WOW, in Ontario we file every month with one form for all taxes withheld and employers contributions. If it's late it's a 10% penelty, I thought that was harsh but 100% ouch. My accountant double checks everything at the end of the year when he does T-4's and Workmans comp and balance sheets ect. I guess for me it takes less time to tell my computer the weekly hours than it would to tell a payroll service.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 06:09 PM
eggy eggy is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Seymour Indiana
Posts: 873
Kent you just made me see the light....looking at the yellow pages...payroll service.....
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 07:07 PM
eggy eggy is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Seymour Indiana
Posts: 873
Well I contacted a temp service, what can happen is my freinds who will work for as needen outside of their regular job will basicly be on file there...Fill out time cards as needed and turn them in as needed. The staffing agencie handles paying them and workers comp...they then send me the bill, of course...basicly it will cost me about 2.75- 3.00 over the wage they recieve but all workers comp taxes etc will be done...doesnt sound bad for my needs
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Layout Style:

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.06743 seconds with 10 queries