Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-24-2005, 05:25 PM
LawnSite Member

I looked at a few of the Jinma tractors a couple months ago...right before I bought a Kubota. If you actually get around to seeing them in person you can see why they cost 1/2 what a Kubota, John Deere, New Holland etc costs for what looks like a similar tractor on paper. They just aren't finished as nicely, have more "manual" controls - for example on one I looked at it had 3 levers to operate the loader instead of 1 like most tractors do. Also it had one hydraulic cylinder for the bucket attached in the center instead of 2 like the others.

You may get one and it may work great for you, they have for a lot of other people, but I felt a lot more comfortable going with the Kubota and the terrific dealer out here than with some guy selling them out of his barn.

Also the Jinma dealer said there was only a 90 day warrenty on parts and no warrenty on labor, quite a difference from the 3 years you get with the name brands.

You might want to look at the Montana tractors, the few of those I've seen looked pretty good and are a bit cheaper than the big three. I might have gone with one of those but they didn't have one down quite as small as I wanted to go.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think i'll be getting a Kubota B2410