Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-01-2005, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro Turboforce Striping

Anyone having any luck getting decent stripes on a Turboforce deck without a striping kit? If so, what's your blade and deck setup? I have a 52" Turboforce deck and can get an OK stripe side discharging with with the standard Toro notched highlifts and 1/4 inch of pitch, but its not nearly as pronounced as the LCOs in the neighborhood, and if I cut higher than 3" in bluegrass, I get no stripe whatsoever.

If you are using a striping kit, what are you using?

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 52" also mine striped just fine with out a striping kit but i did go ahead and buy one......it helps a little......if you ever have a extra 150 dollars i would add a striping kit and then the strips look really good
Old 09-01-2005, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

the higher you cut the better stripe your going to get. cut at 4" and the stripe will be more defined.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

ToroLandscaper and ALarsh -- Thanks. I have the Z450 series (23hp/52"), and Toro doesn't officially offer a striping kit yet for this model, although I think I can probably fit the Z500 kit for the 52" deck by adding the rear anti scalp wheels and then buying the kit. The 400 series does not include rear anti scalp wheels even though they are needed IMO. Ive tried calling and e-mailing Toro customer service about retrofitting quite a few times -- what a bunch of idiots. The dealer did say that they will be offering a kit with a roller at some point next year.
I agree that a longer cut will yield a better stripe, but my point is that I cant seem to go higher than 3" and get any stripe whatsoever. Again, this is side discharging with notched highlift blades. Maybe I'm asking for the impossible without a striping kit. Any other suggestions appreciated -- thanks again.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

same mower, same trouble

gives a very nice cut, just not much on stripping, i wonder if an off brand striping it can be retro fitted..
6 full time
Old 09-03-2005, 12:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichmondR
ToroLandscaper and ALarsh -- Thanks. I have the Z450 series (23hp/52"), and Toro doesn't officially offer a striping kit yet for this model, although I think I can probably fit the Z500 kit for the 52" deck by adding the rear anti scalp wheels and then buying the kit. The 400 series does not include rear anti scalp wheels even though they are needed IMO. Ive tried calling and e-mailing Toro customer service about retrofitting quite a few times -- what a bunch of idiots. The dealer did say that they will be offering a kit with a roller at some point next year.
I agree that a longer cut will yield a better stripe, but my point is that I cant seem to go higher than 3" and get any stripe whatsoever. Again, this is side discharging with notched highlift blades. Maybe I'm asking for the impossible without a striping kit. Any other suggestions appreciated -- thanks again.

They do to have a striping kit.....lol i ordered one from them about a month ago and it does help me
Old 09-03-2005, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks --

Just to confirm, you have one from Toro for a 52" deck on a Z-440/450 series ZTR? If so, how hard was it to install? Also, do you happen to have the part number (I just want to confirm that their website has the right info)?

Thanks
Rich
Old 09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro sells a mudflap type striping kit. ezchute sells a actual striping roller for those Turbo Force decks. Not sure if the Toro distributor in your area has them, but Century Equipment in Ohio has them. You could also just get them off the ezchute web page.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Buckeye1 --

Thanks -- I will check that out. There is a Century Power Equipment in St. Paul that I can check out -- dont know if they are related.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro now has a striping roller available for the Turbo Force decks. I ordered 2 for my 60" Toro z's today. I will let you know what they look like when they get here.