Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-27-2000, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Member

DO you have a stripeing kit on your DC???? If so let me know how it's made. I can't get a well defind stripe any suggestions.
Old 04-27-2000, 06:53 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

No, I don't have a striping kit on mine. They do make a striping kit for a DC, but I don't feel I need one. The kit for a DC is a piece of iron that goes between the back wheels with a short pieces of chain that hang down and drags on the grass. It would be easy to make, so maybe some rainy day when I have nothing to do, I may make one just to see what improvement it will make and post my results.<p>You must not have the same model Toro that Evan has, because he says his cuts better than any other mower made. I'm waiting for him to post a picture of this cut.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
Old 04-27-2000, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that a gauntlet laying there?
Old 04-28-2000, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

About Eric and his pictures of stripping on the lawns. <br>Cutting at 4 to 5 inches gives alot of the grass blade to lay over and give the different colors...stripes.<br>Eric your lawns look good, but I think just about any mower, one blade or two per spindle, will stripe good cutting that high.
Old 04-29-2000, 08:32 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Jeff, I agree that any good mower will stripe good at higher settings and at low settings. Some of the lawns in my pictures are cut at 2.5&quot;, for example the pictures on the striping page. The links to pictures of me mowing, that lawn and some others are cut at 2.5&quot;. I don't claim the Dixie Chopper has the best cut of any mower made, but I don't think they do to bad. <p>What I was saying to Griffin is, Evan says the Toro has the best cut of any mower. I was trying to figure out why Griffin was having problems. I keep hearing about how good the Toro and Exmark cut, could someone that owns one post a picture so we can see it?<p>As to Lazers comment, if he and I didn't leave our comments here and there, everyone would think we were mad at each other. Some day I'm going to have to go up to Michigan and try out these RED wonders. I'm sure glad we all don't like the same mowers. Can you emagine how the price would climb if we all bought one brand?<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>