Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2005, 09:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at the kiotis, but got a kubota L3830 instead. The kiotis don't offer a hydrostatic trans. in anything higher than the 30 hp tractors, also I don't know to much about how the company handles warranty issues, kubota on the other hand is tried and true.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK35vince
I own a 2001 Kioti DK 35. In 665+ hours the only part I have broke is a tachometer cable. (an $8 part).
A very nice/solid machine, and parts availability is a non-issue!!
parts my not be a issue now but wait until they go under.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kioti has been makeing tractors since the 1940s so i won't loose any sleep thinking i won't get the parts in years to come.

Yesterday i saw a friends kubota 35hp,she has only got 1000 hours on her and its falling apart !!..he won't be getting another ,he is going to buy a kioti in the next month or so !! he said and i agree ,with a kioti you get more tractor for your money!!.

Has anyone checked out the weight difference between 2 like for like model tractors [kubota v kioti] the kioti always comes out more heavy,since when has more iron been a bad thing ??????

Now as for my truck she is a Nissan Navarra 2.5 turbo inter-cooled diesel 5 speed manual 4x4 ,the truck can legally tow 3tons ,my tractor ,trailer ,and flail mower as seen in the picture gos just over 2.5 tons,this truck can pull this weight and more with ease,she can pull the trailer and tractor 70mph no problem if i wished too and more importantly with the ABS braking system etc she can stop just as easy!! Guys with the rite kind of engineering you do not need big gas guzzling v8 engines to tow with ,as we Europeans and Asians are proving!!!..
Old 09-30-2005, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

kioti and kubota were once business partners ..i beleive kioti made kubota tractors www.kioti.com
Old 09-30-2005, 01:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My truck is a 4 banger ,and dos 22 miles to the gallon if not more... ..the newer version of this truck can legally pull 3.5tons as can all Landrovers and Rangerovers and a lot of other European and Asian trucks/commercial vehicles
Old 09-30-2005, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scabyscapes
parts my not be a issue now but wait until they go under.
Kioti just recently added a 180,000 square foot assembly and parts building in NC. Are redisigning many of their newer models. Had a record sales year, and can't keep up with the demand on the CK 30 models. So I'm certainly not concerning myself with that .
Old 09-30-2005, 10:27 PM
LawnSite Member

I can see a resemblance in the body style and color scheme from Kioti to Kubota, so it must be a spinoff of some sort.

Jason
Old 10-01-2005, 12:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollacosta
Now as for my truck she is a Nissan Navarra 2.5 turbo inter-cooled diesel 5 speed manual 4x4 ...
My eyes must be bad, I thought it looked like a Toyota. If they sold that truck in the states I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Instead the version they sell here has rear springs that sag with five bags of mulch in the back, and a motor that belongs in a sedan or sports car, not a truck.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie's L&L
I can see a resemblance in the body style and color scheme from Kioti to Kubota, so it must be a spinoff of some sort.

Jason
Actually Kioti and Kubota has nothing to do with each other and never did. Kioti just chose to make their tractors resemble Kubota's. There was a big lawsuit over it last year and kioti had to change the stlying of some of their tractors. They also had to change the paint but they must not have changed it much cause the 2005's look like the same color as all the others.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Followell
Actually Kioti and Kubota has nothing to do with each other and never did. Kioti just chose to make their tractors resemble Kubota's. There was a big lawsuit over it last year and kioti had to change the stlying of some of their tractors. They also had to change the paint but they must not have changed it much cause the 2005's look like the same color as all the others.
Travis is correct..