Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2005, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Far as traffic... You might get 1,000 hits/month, you might not... So long your site is straight forward and at LEAST lists your services, your PHONE number AND your location (name of business would be good too), you're basically set.
Before-after pics I think is a big plus.

Testimonials... Man, not to blow anyone's bubble, if you have them by all means leave them there, your site should be easily recognizable as a legitimate operation BUT - There is a SLEW of illegitimate garbage on the Internet (pyramid scams, get-rich schemes, you name it) and one thing I notice is THOSE folk ruin it somewhat when all they do is put up testimonial after testimonial in their efforts to convince the unsuspecting victim. This is unfortunate but is the reason why I don't put much weight on testimonials, just thought I'd mention it, it still helps but not as much as it should. Another way to say it is, testimonials to me are 'filler' certainly it adds another page and is a great way when first starting out it is HARD to find STUFF to put on your site so again if you have it leave it there also if you NEED something to put up, then it's not a bad idea.
Sorta like word of mouth, it DOES work but is a bit over-rated.

I do believe if you trade links, within weeks you might get a call but don't be surprised if half a year later still nothing then one day BOOM (or not). It's kinda a thing, keep working on it ALSO a big plus is see about including the url on your business cards or your advertising also your billing so long it can be included inconspicuously and at no extra cost, this would help a lot.

It won't make you rich (so run it free or as cheap as you can), I do believe in the end a Web site is a type of free advertising one should not pass up, it works a bit like word of mouth thou lol

Last edited by topsites; 09-23-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just don't let it turn into link farm. Your home page should just be your business info - not a slew of links. Save those for a different page.

The only reason most people will use your website is to get your phone number so they can call you.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterlawn
Just don't let it turn into link farm. Your home page should just be your business info - not a slew of links. Save those for a different page.

The only reason most people will use your website is to get your phone number so they can call you.
This brings up an excellent good point, the best I can say is you need to be a little bit picky but not overly so, yeah, don't build link farms.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Topsites thank you so much for your great imput!

You have made this experiance a good one, I will continue on my path now....