Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-24-2005, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Anything ad aboutNew Holland Tractors?

Im looking at New Holland although I initially liked kubota. Reason ... the loader specs seem to outperform the kubota. I like the 0% for 60 months. Things I worry about are the performance of the engine and general durability of the tractor. Although the warrenty out preforms the compitition.

Also whats everybodies take on the massey?

Thanks

Troy
Old 09-24-2005, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a N.H. TN75 4 wheel drive and it is a little over 2 years old and only have had it in shop 2 times the last one was the alt went out, the other was the remote hook ups were leaking and the seat saftey buzzer was beeping us to death otherwise a good tractor only thing wrong is on this year model the fuel tank is not big enough if you are doing a big place you will need to carry some diesel with you as you tend to run low about the 11 hr. the new models have a bigger fuel tank Other than that you have a IVECO tractor witha NEW HOLLAND name If I ever wear this one out think thta I am going to look at the John Deere brand . twj
Old 09-24-2005, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The tractor is not an Iveco. Only the engine. The tractor is New Holland through and through. They are as good as the other big names like JD and Kubota and case IH. They Masseys are also very good tractors. I would take a Massey over a NH but thats just me.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:56 PM
LawnSite Member

not wanting to argue with you but on this New Holland there is a Iveco name plate on the tractor not the engine when it gets daylight I will attempt to take a picture and post it Good Day !Twj
Old 09-25-2005, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
the loader specs seem to outperform the kubota
I have an L3710 Kubota and the loader is rated too pick up around 1700 pounds at the pins.
I have some forks I made too go in the bucket and I can pick up a pallet of sod ,but I cannot steer the tractor because the back wheels are off the ground.

Remember also that the front axles probally will not hold up too hauling large amounts of weights alot.
I like the New Hollands and the New John Deere models also,but when I purchased The Kubota was the cheapest .

What size New Holand are you looking for?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

My brother just recently bought a FarmTrac (the new Fords) and this machine is nothing short of awesome. I can't beLIEVE how well built this thing is, and the size of the stuff like the axles, for instance. He got the 4 whl dr. with a 39 hp gas.

Thank you, Dad - for always being the dad that you were. You truly are my hero. You always were.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You might want to check out the AgCo tractors, they are sold by Massey. They are really Dueltz Farh tractors. Water cooled Dueltz diesels that run forever. Extra remotes, heavier lifting capacity and most important, 4wh brakes instead of just brakes on the rear axel. They cost a little more than the Massey of similar size and hp but worth the extra bucks. I also like the bigger Massey's over the NH and JD. Most of everybodies small tractors are Asian and have similar capabilities. I absolutley dont like the Kubota, center of gravity to high for my steep areas. But if you are not doing bushhoging on steep ground the Kubota seems to be a good tractor. Rear lift is weak for heavy empliments, dont know about the front loader, similar weakness I suspect.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

The L series Kubota is alot more stable than the smaller series.I cut very steep hills with mine.
Also the rear lift will pick up 3000 poundsat the pins on the L series.
The Kubota also has wet brakes which some other Japenese tractors do not.